Sectionals Begin August 19!
Supplies Check Friday August 23!
Private Lesson Information
We want ALL students Signed up for Private Lessons!
Lesson teachers will be calling and emailing parents to schedule lessons!
Lesson Cost for 2019-20 School Year: $20-22 per lesson
Sign Up Here - http://parkwoodhillwood.band/signup/
Scholarship Available, Apply Here: http://parkwoodhillwood.band/scholarship
Join the Band Leadership Team!
All students are encouraged to submit a video and apply for the Band Leadership Team!
Videos are due Wednesday, August 21.
Leadership Team Positions Available:
- Quartermaster: Cleaning/Organizing
- Set Up Crew: Set Up daily
- Communications: Photos and Video at Events
- Social Chair: Communicate wants of general band students to Directors, Help Plan Events
- Social Committee: Help Plan Events, Assist the Directors and Social Chair for Events
- Vice President: Peer Tutoring, Peer Questions
- President: Peer Tutoring, Peer Questions, Help Run Leadership Meeting
Leadership Meeting Weekly After Jazz Band (Fridays, 5:30-5:45pm)
Step 1: Submit Video via GoogleDrive to Directors why you would be a good fit for the job! Think of it like a job interview! Due Wed. Aug 21
Step 2: Directors Screen Videos and Select the Candidates
Step 3: Band Classes watch videos in class and vote
Required for All Instruments (except Percussion):
Foundations for Superior Performance Book by Jeff King, Rich Williams
Korg Tuner/Met with Pick Up Microphone
Wire Music Stand (for at home practice and some performances)
Lyre and Flip Folder
BERP (Brass Only)
Have Your Band T-Shirt Ready!
Band Fan Pledge Fundraiser!
What does the fundraiser pay for?
- Private Lesson Scholarship
- Transportation to Events and Contests
- Masterclasses and Clinicians
We are wanting 100% participation from students and families!
Incentive for reaching Goal amounts of donations- October 4, Main Event Party. More details to come!
Due to our increasing numbers, we currently do not have enough instruments in our inventory for students to have a school and at-home instrument. We are currently looking to borrow from other schools in our district, but students should expect to go without an at-home instrument for the time being.
Just like our percussion students, 7th and 8th grade students should plan on coming before or after school to meet their practice needs for the week.
6th grade students will be able to bring their tuba to and from school OR come before or after school to practice. Mr. Woolhouse will be teaching sectionals at PHIS to allow students the opportunity to get their necessary practice time in.
Summer workers needed!
- Organizing, Copying music, Google Spreadsheet help, Building Trophy Shelf, etc.
Need 30 volunteers for Oct 19 at District Auditions.
Sign up at the link: https://forms.gle/c389K6w4PPDwJ8Jc7
Wanting to Chaperone for our band events?
- Visit the link to submit an application/ background check: https://www.kellerisd.net/Page/244
Join Us on Social Media!