One Good Thing About America
Girl Scout Cookies - Austin Kelly
Birth of the organization
The Girl Scout organization has been around since March of 1912. They have grown enormously throughout the nation expanding their numbers in the club giving the troopers a head start on the future of their lives. Today, there are 2.8 million Girl Scouts - 2 million girl members and 800,000 adult members working primarily as volunteers.
What does the money go towards?
The money earned from the cookie sales will either goes towards buying more boxes of cookies for those risking their lives such as policemen or abroad soldiers, the organization, or even towards scholarships for the troopers in the program.
For the parents
- 95% of caregivers say she's made more friends through Girl Scouts
- 89% of caregivers say their daughter is happier because of Girl Scouts
- 90% of caregivers say their girl has grown more confident through Girl Scouts
- 95% of volunteers say they make girls lives better at Girl Scouts (and that makes them happy)
- 88% of Girl Scout volunteers say their volunteer experience with us makes their life better