Japanese 1 Week 6
(✿◕‿◕) ...✿... ようこそ! ...✿... (◕‿◕✿)
News for Students/Parents/Guardians/ELA's:
This week in lesson 5: we are learning the next 11 ひらがな (Hiragana) characters which will consist of "ら (ra), り (ri), る (ru), れ (re), ろ (ro), わ (wa), い (i)、う (u), え (e), を (wo/o), ん (n)". Lesson 5 is about someone's family, how to say certain family members in a more polite way to address student's friends family or other family that is not related to you. Students will learn more about family in Japan. The assignments needs to be submitted by the due date listed on the calendar. (✿◠‿◠)
Parents/Guardians/ELA's: Students needs to submit ALL missing work for lessons 1-4 by today at 9PM! If you would like a progress report today to see how your student is doing, please EMAIL me (using a new email, and not reply to the email I sent with the newsletter.)
☆ Assignments for Week 6 -Lesson 5 ☆
This week for lesson 5
- Due Mon: L5 Content Assignment
- Due Tues : L5 Writing Assignment (らーん)
- Due Wed: L5 Cultural Discussion Assignment
- Due Thurs: L5 Speaking Assignment
- Due Fri: L5 Quizzes
- Due Fri: L5 Language Coaching Sessions 1 & 2.
Study Tools, use to learn this week's ひらがな! ^o^
Use this Quizlet to study your ひらがな (Hiragana) for this week. There are many different varties of study tools in this link. Please use this daily. ^o^
Study Tools, use to learn lesson 5 vocabulary:
Use this Quizlet to study your Lesson 5 vocabulary for this week. \^o^/
☆ Assignments for Lessons 1 through 4 ☆
- L1 Writing Assignment
- L1 Cultural Discussion Assignment
- L1 Speaking Assignment
- L1 Quizzes
Here are the assignments that were due from week 3:
- L2 Writing Assignment
- L2 Cultural Discussion Assignment
- L2 Speaking Assignment
- L2 Quizzes
- L2 Language Coaching Sessions 1 & 2.
Here are the assignments that were due from week 4:
- L3 Writing Assignment
- L3 Cultural Discussion Assignment
- L3 Speaking Assignment
- L3 Quizzes
- L3 Language Coaching Sessions 1 & 2.
- Module 1 eLinguaFolio Assignment
Here are the assignments that were due from week 5:
- L4 Writing Assignment
- L4 Cultural Discussion Assignment
- L4 Speaking Assignment
- L4 Quizzes
- L4 Language Coaching Sessions 1 & 2.
Have you noticed students who started off strong beginning to slack off? Do you have students who are enrolled in multiple courses and struggling to manage it all? Did you have a late add or a student who hasn't quite settled in yet? Let's get them the help they need now. Talk with your instructor about Virtual buddies.
Our Virtual Buddies are ready to help by lending a hand to students needing an extra little push, another reminder, a bit of time management guidance or encouraging words throughout the week. Do keep in mind, Virtual Buddies do not provide content specific support. While we do try to match students with a Virtual Buddy with experience in their course, we cannot guarantee it. If your student needs content specific help, they will need a Peer Tutor, not a Virtual Buddy. I am not able to guarantee that a Virtual Buddy will have experience or be an expert in your content area.
What will be needed to get a student matched up with a Virtual Buddy:
1) Get agreement from the student, parent and ELA. This is a requirement (since we will be sharing the student's contact information with the Virtual Buddy and so that we know the full team supports the project.)
2) Instructor will submit a ticket through the Virtual Support Center for a Virtual Buddy.
3) The information that will be needed:
Blackboard IM ID:
Brief Summary of Concerns: (Please avoid mentioning IEPs or 504s)
Have the Student, Parent, and eLA agreed to participate in the Virtual Buddy program? YES/NO
*If you are interested, please EMAIL me and let me know. ^o^