Friday Staff Flash - 9/25/15
The "A" Team
Teachers, did you make your positive contact with every student you teach? If so, please share any reflection from the process with your team and myself. Also, thanks for submitting your schedules. Mr. Carlisle and I will use these to help us choose best times to observe. Walkthroughs starting next week and will be logged in Eduphoria.
All staff, you do not have to submit an official jean pass to me for last Wednesday...that was my thank you to you for reading the newsletter and submitting your schedule. Your schedule was your pass!
9/28 Morning Duty @ 7:20: Teal & Torrez - @ 7:35: Hernandez
Whatever it takes!
Bring your book and something to write with.
SST packets available
Pick up an SST packet from me and give me the name of the student you intend to discuss.
We will follow regular schedule for early release days...normal lunch time and recess.
- Can you believe it's the 6th week? Time flies!!! Unwritten grade practice here, we do not give grades below a 50 and a student is able and expected to correct up to a 70. No 9's unless it's in 90's!
- PARENT UNIVERSITY - October 13th 6-7:30
- OCTOBER 14TH - HEROES FOR HALLOWEEN: MAKE AND TAKE. We will be making capes to wear on Friday, October 30th. You are "Every Day Action Heroes"! Melodie is gathering the supplies, we will meet in the cafeteria after school, and make capes. All staff invited! I believe there may be a flu clinic on the same day in the afternoon. Please, do not stress over this! You may come when you're done with the flu shot or vice versa.
You need to know!
- STAAR INFO - I've had lots of questions regarding changes to STAAR. The STAAR math, reading, and science test will be the same for this year. Any changes (shortening length of test) will be implemented NEXT YEAR (2016-2017) or later. However, current proposal effective this year is the writing test will only have one type of writing not two. To my knowledge we will not know if it will be a personal narrative or expository.
- The honey-moon may be over for some...do any of you feel like the video below, LOL! Keep watching because it gets even funnier about a minute into it.