Quist Weekly News
October 22, 2021
Dear RQMS Families:
Thank you to all who were able to donate to our teacher appreciation drawing. 100% of the funds collected go towards teacher appreciation. We raised $1,235! During conferences last week, our WEB and SSN students delivered daily appreciation snacks, and then on Friday Simply Pizza food truck served our teacher’s lunch. Again, thank you for your generosity and support.
The drawing winners are:
- 6th Grade - Juli-Ana S. & Emilio R.
- 7th Grade - Molly W. & Jack C.
- 8th Grade - Toby M. & Averie C.
Next Friday during the school day as well as for the Fall Festival, students may attend in costume. Per district guidelines, costumes should follow district dress code guidelines. In short, costumes should not contain any gore, violence, facsimile of weapon(s), drug/alcohol references, or be sexual in nature. We are asking that all Halloween costume related masks be left at home and faces are clear of costume makeup. Here is a district document from previous years to refer to in case you have any questions. If your questions aren’t answered by the document, please feel free to contact me. I am happy to answer any questions you may have.
Trina Norris-Buck, Ed.S.
To date, we have had less than half of our families respond. Our goal is to obtain feedback from as many of our families as possible if not all of you.
We believe in developing a strong partnership with parents and guardians to enhance learning. Our hope is that you will take a few minutes to complete this survey so that we can gather feedback on our school environment. Please help us understand what is working well and where we can do better for you and your student.
Every Thursday, starting on October 21st from 7:35-8:30 am, the school will be open for students who want extra help or support with their classwork. During this time there will be teachers and peer tutors available to assist students who need it. If you have questions, please contact Ms. Dinkel, Ms. O'Connell, or Ms. Knox. Students can sign up through their pathways class or by completing this form.
Fall Fest & WEB Apparel Fundraiser
We are excited to announce that our WEB group will be hosting Fall Fest on 10/29 at 6 pm. Our PAC has already started helping us collect candy donations. We are looking for additional donations and for families to sign up to participate in our Trunk or Treat. To sign up, please click HERE.
If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Petersen firstname.lastname@example.org
ROYALS can now purchase WEB apparel! Details were shared during pathways, please click HERE to support our web group and for ordering information.
Greetings Royals - here is what is happening in the world of Quist Athletics
- Practice continued this week. A/B/C rosters have been established and this has been communicated to athletes.
- Next week, our games are on Tues (vs Stuart - A is away, B is home, C is home) and Thurs (Prairie View - A is home, B is away, C is home). All of our events are scheduled on our school calendar. Here is the link if you need it.
- Pictures are scheduled for Nov 2 & 3. Please send your athlete with their jersey on both days, as group photos could be taken either day. Here is the link to purchase either individual or group photos. Purchase is optional.
- Please check the website for the presentation that was shared with families during our meeting this week.
- Here is the link for Remind - please sign up for updates on your cell and the option to communicate directly with coaches.
- Lockers & locks were offered to athletes this week. Using a lock/locker is optional, and recommended. Quist is not responsible for personal items during practice or contests. There is no charge for this option. A $5 fine will be assessed if the lock is not returned at the end of the season.
- Jerseys were assigned to all players this week. Athletes are required to wear them during contests and encouraged to wear them to school on game days. Please return clean jerseys at the end-of-season celebration that will happen in December. Replacement fees will be assigned in IC if they are not returned in clean, usable condition.
- Eligibility was pulled yesterday and shared with athletes during practices. If an athlete is not eligible, this impacts next week's games. In order to become eligible, the athlete needs to complete an Eligibility Rubric AND improve the grade in the classes with D or F grades. 2 or more Ds or 1 F is considered ineligible. Additionally, an athlete could be ineligible if they are not showing RISE/ROAR behaviors in their classes. If there are concerns, teachers will communicate with families about what is happening and coaching will be provided to show improvement.
Catherine "Kate" Brown
Dean of Students
Rodger Quist Middle School
Important Yearbook News
Students are back at school making new memories with their friends! Make sure to order the one book that captures the activities, spirit, and unique qualities of their school. Visit www.jostensyearbooks.com to order the 2022 Yearbook by October 29th for the LOWEST PRICE!
8th Grade Families: 8th-grade recognition ads are a tradition at our school. The special early bird discounted deadline for submitting your child’s yearbook ad is October 29th. For more information on pricing and how to submit your ad, please visit www.TheYearbookCompany.com.