Happy New Year 2014
Happy New Year and welcome to the second semester. I want to take this time to express my excitment as we finalize first semester grades and begin a new semester. Restore is concluding this week and reportcards will follow. I want to thank you all for your flexibilty through school closings and adjusting of Restore opportunties.
As a reminder, for the balance of this school year should APS close due to calamity days again, STEM High School will follow the University of Akron for school closure.
January Dates to Remember
Who am I? - Be the first to tweet your answers @NIHFHS and win STEM-WEAR!
Mark your Calendars
Early Release 2:00pm
January 16, 2014
January 30, 2014
Second Semester High School Assessment Schedule
· January 21 – 25 MAP and DAP
· February 10 – 13 Compass Testing
· March 10 – 14 Ohio Graduation Test (OGT)
· March 17 – 21 Final MAP and DAP assessments
Student Council & STEM Spirit Club are proud to announce our first annual "STEM LOCK-IN"; Based on learner and parent feedback the event will be held at the high school and will cost $10 for STEM learners. We are working with the University to Akron to Finalize the date. Stay Tuned!
Grease: High School Musical @ STEM High School March 6 – 8 2014.
Auditions begin Thursday January 21, 2014 from 3:40 – 5:00. Participants should be prepared to,
· Sing (at least 16 measures) of a musical piece from a play or Broadway performance from memory.
· Perform a comedic monologue no more than 45 seconds.
· Demonstrate any dance, or other music skills.
· Visit Coach Shama-Hanna’s Blackboard Page or email her at firstname.lastname@example.org for questions or sign ups.
No School - January 20, 2014 in observance of Martin Luther King Jr. holiday.
Dress For Success - January 22, 2014 is Entreprenuerial Day with Leadership Akron at the STEM High School from 1:00pm - 4:30pm. No Jeans, T-Shirts or Hoodies.
STEM Informational - Incoming freshman in the class of 2018 are invited to learn more about the high school, January 21, 2014 from 6:00pm - 7:00pm.