Billing Specialist & Office Manager
Manage Smore's US billing process internally & externally.
We're looking for a billing specialist/office manager to join our brand new Pittsburgh office!
Interested in building a billing process for our company and our customers & working with a passionate hard-working team?
Smore is an interactive online newsletter tool. We have over 2.2M users, 3M pages created and over 20,000 paying customers with almost zero marketing and sales effort. We are growing fast and currently working on taking our company to the next level and expanding our user base. We are using all of our insights and experience to build the next version of our product - with the newest and coolest technologies.
We are looking to hire a billing specialist/office manager who will manage a variety of financial and non-financial tasks in order to help guarantee the company’s revenues. This candidate will also manage day-to-day office responsibilities.
What you'll be doing
- Assume the responsibility of receiving and sorting incoming payments with attention to credibility
- Manage the status of accounts and balances and identify inconsistencies
- Issue and post bills, receipts and invoices
- Check the validity of debit accounts
- Update accounts receivable database with new accounts or missed payments
- Ensure all customers and relevant departments remain informed on outstanding debts and deadlines
- Write thorough reports on billing activity with clear and reliable data
- Serve as the point person for office manager duties including: Maintenance, Mailing, Supplies, Equipment, Bills, Errands, Shopping
- Help with all new hires & on-boarding processes
The position is full-time and only applicants residing in/near Pittsburgh, PA will be considered.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable dealing with numbers and the processing of financial information
- Good interpersonal skills and communication with all levels of management
- High degree of attention to detail and trustworthiness
- Able to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficiently
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related fields preferred
Experience working as a billing specialist
Experience in office management
Sense of style and appreciation of good products, design and marketing
Fun to be around and to work with -- we’re nice people too! :)
Our Pittsburgh office
Our Pittsburgh office is located in Bakery Square -- in the hip East Liberty area!
Smorinio the happy S'more (although sometimes he's sad, like when there's an error)
Smore is an online platform for creating beautiful newsletters in minutes (you're reading one right now).
Our Pittsburgh office
So What's the Deal?
- We are an established startup company with millions of users and a steady (and growing) revenue stream.
- We are dedicated to our work but believe in efficiency, not long hours. We are also flexible as needed and are committed to being family friendly.
- We are a small company and we all brainstorm and work together, regardless of rank or seniority.
- We are a startup company, so things change fast. You'll need to keep up and be adaptive.
- At Smore, everyone has product input and is expected to care about the product's quality. Our mission is to delight our customers.
Top 6 reasons to work at Smore:
We only hire the best talent. Work with top-quality engineers, designers and more.
Make a difference
Small company means your input is important.
We believe in hard and efficient work, not extra-long hours.
Code review, tests and thorough design are our bread and butter.
We move fast
We are always re-iterating our plans according to user insights and industry changes.
Successful, dynamic company
Smore is a high revenue, established and growing company.
How to apply
Include your resume and short description yourself and why you think you'd be a good fit for the position.
Good luck!! :)
Click the follow button on the right to be the first to know about open positions.