Tech Tips for Newbies
Don't panic! You will find what you need for technology here
School Web Site
Our web hosting service. This is a great tool to utilize and share what you are doing in your classrooms! It is updated daily by our web design class. If you would like something added to our home page, please let me know!
***We will be moving to a new site in December, we will have training after this change takes place!
Social Media- Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, Homeroom/SeeSaw (Elem) and Pinterest
- Share the great things staff and students at Cross County are doing! If you are working on a project in your classroom, don't hesitate to take a picture and post it!
- When posting, make sure to use first name only. After we have received all parent forms, we will send out a list of students whose pictures are not to be posted online.
- Parents are using Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram- Don't be afraid to contact and keep parents informed this way by creating groups and classrooms via these great tools. Let me know if you would like assistance setting this up.
- Make sure to keep your professional and personal Social Media accounts separate ;)
….In plain English… http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eRqUE6IHTEA
Google Apps in the Classroom: Link to show some examples of classroom uses!
Go to School Web Site, www.crosscountyschools.org, click on Staff, Google Docs
Username: First initial last name no spaces Example: klundstrom
**If there is no @crosscounty.esu7.org below the log in, you will need to add that to your user name!
Password: cccougars (you will want to change your password after logging in)
All students have gmail accounts, but please encourage them to contact you via your school email.
- If you want to email an entire class, their email is the year of graduation @crosscounty.esu7.org. For example: email@example.com will go to the entire senior class.
- All student email is firstname.lastname@example.org -
- Please create a "group" email for sports teams or other smaller groups
- Every student will receive the daily announcements via email
- Google Drive is where you will find a lot of our shared staff documents.
- This is another nice tool to use with your class, as they have access too.
- Quick evaluation tool
- Create Quizzes
- Student feedback or classroom exit piece
Google +: This is a great description of Google + and how to use it in the classroom from Edutopia! http://www.edutopia.org/blog/teaching-with-google-plus-terry-heick
Google Blogger: Students and staff have the ability to create blogs using google blogger.
Google Sites: Create your own website! Students have the ability to create their own too!
These paid subscriptions for online resources are available to all Cross County Staff!