News and Updates from Mrs. Adelman - December 4, 2020
Friday, December 4th: End of first trimester - Early Dismissal ~ Warwick is a "C" school - our half day dismissal time is 12:25PM
Thursday, December 10th: Early Dismissal (Parent Teacher Conferences) ~ Dismissal at 12:25PM ~ No Kindergarten
Friday, December 11th: Early Dismissal (Parent Teacher Conferences) ~ Dismissal at 12:25PM ~ No Kindergarten
Monday, December 14th: Kindergarten Conferences - No PM Kindergarten
Tuesday, December 15th: Kindergarten Conference - PM Kindergarten attends in the AM ~ No AM Kindergarten
From the Desk of Mrs. Adelman
Hi Warwick Bears!
On Monday, December we will make the switch to traditional and virtual classrooms. If your child is switching to a virtual classroom, your child’s new teacher will contact you with log-in information.
If you child is returning to in-person instruction, the following materials should come to school every day: mask, water bottle, and device (fully charged). Hand sanitizer should come on the child's first day and remain here. This will be your personal use only. Headphones can either come back and forth with your child or can remain at school. If your child is bringing a lunch, that should come with your child each day too. You can either use a disposable lunch bag or lunch box. We look forward to welcoming our Warwick Bears!
As always, please do not hesitate to reach out directly to me with any questions.
Have a great weekend!
Mrs. Amy Adelman
Scholastic Book Fair
We are excited to bring the Scholastic Book Fair to Warwick on November 30 - December 11. This year's fair will be online/virtual. The students have been shown how to navigate their way through the fair. Parents can tour the virtual fair with their children, make purchases online, and have books shipped directly to your home. FREE standard shipping on book-only purchases over $25. Get some holiday shopping started early. Afterall, "A book is present you can open again and again." https://www.scholastic.com/bf/warwick
News from Mrs. Sleicher
We have combined November & December’s boomerang assets as this is such a busy time of year!
Please consider submitting a nomination for EITHER asset (or both). The nomination is due by Dec. 22nd.
November: #21 Achievement Motivation. Young person is motivated to do well in school.
December: #15 Positive Peer Influence. Young person's friend(s) model(s) responsible behavior. *For this asset, you are more or less talking about your child’s friend(s) OR your child can nominate their friend for being a good influence.
Please use the link below to send in a nomination!https://forms.microsoft.com/Pages/ResponsePage.aspx?id=j0gLqp78hUGl4zhCIN8jyte4TBRiGWVDqWzkRDtRKrRUMjJPVVZBRUI4RDFZSDY3UEVIQjk1QUpCSC4u
Social Emotional Learning
Throughout the year, your child will be provided Home Links that go with several of the Second Step lessons. Home Links are simple, fun activities for you and your child to complete together. They are a great way for you to understand what your child is learning and for your child to show you what he or she knows. As a continued effort to provide families with Social Emotional Learning resources, Second Step offers parents and guardians the opportunity to access the Home Links and other resources online. In order to access these resources, parents and guardians of students in grades K-5 can go to the website, www.secondstep.org, create an account, and then enter the activation code below for the grade level your child is enrolled in. For parents and guardians of sixth graders, please access the website, www.parenteenconnect.org. Thank you for supporting your child in learning the skills that lead to success in school and in life.
First Grade: SSPKFAMILY71
Second Grade: SSPKFAMILY72
Third Grade: SSPKFAMILY73
Fourth Grade: SSPKFAMILY74
Fifth Grade: SSPKFAMILY75
Sixth Grade: parenteenconnect.org/
Virtual Academy Materials Distribution
The next materials distribution will be held on Wednesday, December 9th.
Health Check Reminder
1. Please monitor your child daily for fever and/or other signs of COVID-19. Be sure to keep students home if they have one of the following symptoms –cough, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing, new lack of smell or taste; or two of the following symptoms – fever, sore throat, runny nose/congestion, chills, muscle pain, nausea or vomiting, headache, diarrhea, and fatigue.
2. Students with fever/symptoms/with no known COVID-19 exposure may return to school when asymptomatic and fever free for 24 hours without fever reducing medication; or confirmation of alternative diagnosis by health care provider.
3. Families are required to report confirmed or suspected cases of COVID-19 to the School Nurse.
4. Students who exhibit signs or symptoms of COVID-19 during the school day will be placed in isolation and masked until arrangements are made for dismissal.
5. Students with positive COVID-19 test may return to school after 10 days have passed since the symptoms first appeared and being fever-free for 24 hours without fever reducing medication. The student will need to produce the Isolation Release Letter from the Bucks County Department of Health.
6. Students returning after COVID-19 infection will be checked by the School Nurse prior to returning to the classroom.
7. If a student is exposed to a person with a positive COVID- 19 test, the student will have to quarantine for 14 days. If the student becomes symptomatic, they will be treated as a positive COVID-19 case and will need to isolate at home for 10 days from the date that the symptoms began.