JA Cub Report
Weekly Update #5: Thursday, September 10, 2020
- Students will be expected to attend distance learning classes daily. Teachers will be taking attendance in Skyward. Students who cannot attend a live class will work with their teachers on a case-by-case basis to utilize the asynchronous option. They will remain accountable to their teachers and must access the lesson within 24 hours to be considered in-attendance.
- When in the Google Classroom for their class, students will enter their first and last name in the chat. Students must meet teacher expectations while meeting virtually.
- When students cannot attend online learning, please use directions below to enter in Skyward. Or you can call the JA Attendance Line at 328-5710
- When your child is ill, please give a description of symptoms.
- If you receive a message reporting that you child was not in class, please contact your child's teacher via email and the teacher will work with office personnel to update attendance.
John Adams Middle School Counselors
John Adams counselors are available to help meet students’ academic, social, and emotional needs during distance learning. Counselors are best reached through email and are available to connect through email, phone, Google Meet, or scheduled in-person appointments. Below is their contact information and HERE is a link to their website that provides resources for students and parents.
Students are being asked to fill out a survey to gauge student need to meet with his/her counselor on an individual or group basis. Counselors will try to pull students for individual meetings during non-academic time (ie. Target, after/before advisory, lunch). Groups will be run during the lunch period on a weekly basis. Based on student response, counselors plan to run groups on the topics of: grief, distance learning support, anxiety, racism and injustice, and mentorship (8th graders only).
6th Grade Counselor
7th Grade Counselor
8th Grade Counselor
We have devices available! If you have multiple students at JA or your student is trying to do DL on a smartphone, call us! We will even deliver!
Rochester Public Utilities
Rochester Public Utilities is offering financial assistance for
qualifying residential and small business customers through
the CARES Act. This assistance is on a first come first serve
basis. To see if you are eligible, please visit the RPU website.
Rochester Community Youth Basketball Association (RCYBA)
Are you interested in playing basketball this winter, for the John Marshall Rockets youth basketball program? It is not too late…..
Registration is currently open through Rochester Community Youth Basketball Association (RCYBA) and the deadline for registration is Thursday, September 24th.
New this year, 7th and 8th grade is a travel only program. 6th grade will still offer travel and league programs.
Information and registration can be found at https://www.rcyba.org