Week of September 14th
A Message from Mrs. Haymark
Thank you all for an incredible week. All students in-person and remote are actively engaged. It's been wonderful seeing all of the smiling faces in classrooms and computer screens. Our students are positive, hard working, and resilient. There is no challenge too great for this amazing community! As we continue in this dual platform teaching model, please let us know how we can support you.
On Friday, progress reports became accessible in PAC (Parent Access Center). With the first three weeks being completely remote and everyone (students and teachers) learning this new normal, most classes didn't have as many grades as they normally would. Please don't worry about that! Teachers are working on ways to help your child master the needed concepts so they can be successful and are willing to work with all their students to redo work, make corrections, and bring up averages. Please reach out to your child's teacher if you have questions or concerns.
Dismissal went well last week so we will begin dismissing at our regular time of 4:00pm this week. The biggest factor in a smooth dismissal is students listening carefully inside their classroom and walking quickly to their dismissal location once they have been called. Since students are no longer staged in an area close to their dismissal location, they have a longer walk. Please help us keep our dismissal time low by encouraging your child to listen carefully for their bus number or name to be called and to walk with purpose to their dismissal destination. If you have specific questions about your child's dismissal procedures, please contact your child's homebase teacher.
If you have questions or concerns, please reach out via phone (832-663-4300) or email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Christa Haymark, Principal
Switching Education Platforms
If you would like to move your child from remote instruction to face to face instruction or vice versa for the second marking period, please send an email to our PIEMS clerk, Stacey Randall, your child's teachers, and the principal, Christa Haymark. All requests to switch educational platforms need to be made no later than Thursday, October 1st. The second grading period begins on October 12th.
Free and Reduced Student Meals
Vogel's Car Rider Line
- Have your child's car rider tag visible to the person on duty.
- Make sure the bar code on the car rider tag is not damaged. You can print another barcode by clicking the "Print Student Meal Card" link on the front page of Parent Access.
- Encourage your child to walk quickly down the hallway when they see their name appear on the screen inside their classroom.
- Pull all the way forward to allow for as many cars as possible in the front drive.
- When entering the car rider line near CISD transportation, you may line up in two lanes. A staff member will direct cars one at a time into our front driveway.
In an effort to reduce possible exposure to our students and our staff, we are asking all visitors to call the school from their car when they arrive on campus. There are four spots designated in our front parking lot for visitors needing to register new students, drop essential items to their student, or check students in and out of school. Please pull into one of the spots and follow the directions on the sign. If all of our visitors spots are full, please feel free to pull into an open spot in our parking lot and call our front office (832-663-4300). Our receptionist, Claudia Mora, will process all visitor requests.
Other important visitor information:
Only visitors essential to school operations will be permitted to enter school.
Virtual meeting options will be utilized whenever possible to reduce the number of campus visitors.
If entry into the building is necessary and granted by the building principal, all visitor will be required to complete and submit a COVID-19 screening form to the school and wear a mask covering their nose and mouth while in the building.
Visitors and staff will maintain appropriate social distancing at all times.
Deliveries to students, including lunches, will be limited and on an emergency basis only.
Parents needing to drop necessary items such as backpacks and instruments for their student will contact the school from their cars for drop off directions.
Students forgetting lunches will be allowed to charge a meal in the cafeteria.
No visitors will be allowed for breakfast or lunch.
Masks and Water Bottles
At this time, all 5th and 6th graders in Conroe ISD will be required to wear masks at school. The best masks to protect your child is the standard cotton mask. Neck gators can be worn, however, have not been proven to be as effective as the standard cotton mask. Masks with values and vents have been proven to be ineffective in stopping the transfer of air, therefore, these types of masks have been prohibited at all CISD schools. If you have specific questions about masks, please let your child's teachers know. They are happy to help!
We have a few student t-shirts on sale this school year. Use the link below to view and pay for shirts. If your child is a remote learner, we will set up distribution dates for t-shirt pick up once they arrive. Don't miss out on showing your school spirit!
A Note from the Librarian
To get a book, students will place a hold through their Destiny Discover account, and I will check it out to them.
- If students are on campus, I will deliver books to classrooms.
- If students are virtual, parents can pick up the books on Tuesdays and Fridays between 9 and 3 (The first book pick up will start on Friday, September 11th). If you are picking up books, please wait for a confirmation from me that they are ready to be picked up. Books can be returned any day of school week during school hours.
Bins will be placed outside the library for students who are on campus and outside at the front of the school for students learning virtually. Following district guidelines, a book will be quarantines for 3 days before being recirculated. Students can check out 4 books at a time and will be checked out for 2 weeks. They can renew books up to 2 times, as long as other students have not placed that book on hold.
To place a hold on Destiny Discover, you can watch this video or view this infographic. Look for information and announcements on the Vogel Library Canvas page as I will be updated it often. If you have any questions or want book suggestions, please email me!
I look forward to getting books to you all!
The Counselors' Corner
Campus Curbside Meals
Curbside meals are no longer free for all students. Breakfast and lunch meals will be available curbside for students to purchase or free to students who qualify.
- Families are asked to pick up/purchase meals for all of their children at the campus of their oldest child.
- Meals will be available curbside at all campuses on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 10 AM - 12 PM.
- Multiple meals will be distributed at a time.
- Tuesday: 2 breakfast meals/2 lunch meals
- Thursday: 3 breakfast meals/3 lunch meals
- A student meal card must be presented to scan and identify the student when meals are picked up.
- This card is located in Parent Access and can be printed on paper or presented electronically on a phone.
- Any change from a cash transaction will be applied to the student's meal account.
- Pre-payments can be made at www.myschoolbucks.com.
- Meal prices and the free and reduced meal application are available on the Child Nutrition website.
Questions? Please contact the Child Nutrition Department at (936) 709-8185.
A Message From Nurse Gohlke
Remote Attendance Requirements
Your child can be marked present for the day by meeting one of the following requirements:
- Participating in a live Zoom/Canvas meeting,
- Accessing and submitting assignments, OR
- Direct contact with the teacher concerning assignments (email, phone call)
Teachers will be checking attendance everyday. If your child does not meet one of the three qualifications from above, he/she will be marked absent for the day. It is mandatory that CISD follow the attendance guidelines as set forth by the State of Texas.
Need WiFi Access?
All SMS messages received from the Conroe ISD District Office and your child's campus will begin with "Conroe ISD:" and come from the subscribe code 67587. If you have not yet opted-in to receive SMS messages, you can do so at any time throughout the school year by texting "Y" to 67587.
The Conroe Independent School District (District) as an equal opportunity educational provider and employer does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, or disability in educational programs or activities that it operates or in employment matters. The District is required by Title VI and Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as amended, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, the Age Discrimination Act of 1975, as amended, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, as well as Board policy not to discriminate in such a manner.
For information about Title IX rights or Section 504/ADA rights, contact the Title IX Coordinator or the Section 504/ADA coordinator at 3205 W. Davis, Conroe, TX 77304; (936) 709-7752.