North Pole Middle School
Principal's Update - March 28, 2022
Hello Parents and Families
Spring has finally arrived! The sunshine and warm temperatures are a welcome change as are dry roads, I hope this email update finds you and your family well. April is always a busy month in the school system as we begin state testing, looking towards the end of the year and the beginning of school for the 2022-23 school year. Here's what's happening in the coming weeks.
Richard Smith, Principal
March 28 - April 1 Schedule
Parent Participation In Accreditation
Please email Roxane.email@example.com if you can help.
A big THANK YOU to the following parents who assisted us in our rewards event on March 10th. Your time and talents are invaluable to us!
Near the end of the school year we'll have another opportunity for parents to participate in chaperoning students on our walking field trip lunch. This is always a very popular event with the kids, more information will be coming in the next few weeks.
As always, if you have any questions or concerns please don't hesitate to reach out to us.
Paint Night Success
School Start Times and Availability
Our new school start and end times for students are 7:50 a.m. to 2:20 p.m.
Students can be dropped off in the morning at 7:00 a.m. at which time doors will be opened.
Students should plan on leaving the school by 2:35 p.m. unless they are in an after school activity sponsored by school staff.
Morning Drop Off & Afternoon Pickup
A bus deviation is a request for your student to ride a bus that they aren't registered for already and that they don't usually ride.
A few helpful hints on how to request a bus deviation:
- It MUST be requested in writing via notes, email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or fax to 907-488-9213. Students may NOT write their own notes.
- If you send one by email, you will get a reply saying we received it. If you don’t get a reply please call 488-2271. Bus deviations must be submitted by 1:00 p.m. If it is an early release day bus deviations must be submitted by 11:30 a.m. If you submit an email after 11:00 a.m., please call to confirm receipt.
-Your request needs to have the following information on it:
- Your student's name
- Bus number (route) and the name of the street it stops at (if you don't know this, you can call the transportation office at 907-452-2000 and select option 4)
- How long the deviation is good for (just that day or for the whole school year as needed)
- Parent's name and contact information
- Our fax number is:(907)488-9213
- Email requests to: email@example.com
Activities and Clubs
Click the button below to get information on our current athletics and clubs in addition to scheduled competitions and meetings dates.
Reminder that both breakfast and lunches are free for ALL STUDENTS for the 2021-2022 school year, no paperwork and no strings attached. The link for our Nutrition Services Department is here, https://www.k12northstar.org/nutrition if you would like more information.
Any “a-la-cart” items that the cafeteria may sell will be sold to students and that money will come out of their lunch account. Information about the cost of items can be found below. This link, https://k12northstar.nutrislice.com/menu/menus-eula will take you to a list of all schools in the district so you can see each schools’ breakfast and lunch menu if you are interested.
- April - Month of the Military Child
- April 4 - Middle School State Testing begins (AK Star, MAP, 8 Science)
- April 4 - PTSO Meeting in library @ 5:30 p.m.
- April 11-April 15 - Military Spirit Week
- April 15 - Purple Up Day - Wear purple to show support for our military students
- April 22 - PTSO/Student Council Social
- May 3 - Choir Concert at NPH Auditorium @ 7:00 p.m.
- May 4 - Orchestra Concert at NPH Auditorium @ 7:00 p.m.
- May 5 - Band Concert at NPH Auditorium @ 7:00 p.m.
School Hours 7:50 a.m. - 2:20 p.m.
Push 1 for Attendance Line
Push 2 for Counseling Secretary
Push 3 for Nurse
Push 4 for Library
Push 5 for Administrative Secretary or to reach the Principal and/or Assistant Principal
Push 0 for Front Office