Principal's Corner #26
March 23, 2020
COUGAR STAFF SHOUT OUTS
To everyone who helped make mandatory handwashing between recess and lunch successful. Special shout outs to: Ken for working hard to make sure our soap and paper towel dispensers remain well stocked, our fantastic team of paras for planning ahead to organize smaller group entry into the building, and the kindie team and any other teachers who sacrificed some of their lunch time to help with the process
- To Lisa Gelwick and Ann Litschewski for volunteering their classrooms to use for CMAS training
- To the fourth grade team for an awesome job of collaborating and innovating on their multicultural country projects that combined, writing, art, and technology.
From Alison Berner
- To Patti Rojec for helping keep me informed and for being such a caring nurse. You care about our staff, students and families - it shows in your actions each and every day.
Has it been awhile since you gave a SHOUT OUT? It's just a click away.
PTO Spring Auction
The PTO online auction is April 8-15: www.cottonwoodcreek.ptapal.com
The Live Spring Auction is Friday, April 17 at 6pm, The View House in Centennial
The Samples will be playing live! Hope to see you there.
Enter STAFF to cover your entry.
From the Desk of Alison Berner
Thank you to everyone who attended CMAS test administrator training this week. I did not get any takers from grades k-2 who were willing to be trained as back up administrators in the event of an intermediate teacher’s absence on a testing day. If you are willing to serve as a back-up test administrator, please let me know and I will arrange a time to train you. You would be immensely appreciated!
If you have a cart of Dell computers in your care, please follow these directions during the first week back after break. This will help assure all of our computers are in good testing conditions prior to the start of CMAS.
Remember, anything that could serve as an aid to students during CMAS must be removed from walls or covered up. This rule also applies to anything on a student’s desk, such as a name tag that contains helpful tools or reference information. Third grade, fourth grade, intervention, and SpEd, please have this done by the end of the day Thursday. I plan to walk all testing rooms that will be used for 3rd/4th CMAS on Friday to check that we haven’t overlooked anything.
Lockdown Drill 3/26
We will be having our next lock down drill on Thursday, March 26th from 9:30-10:00. Steve Wallisch, our security coordinator, and Robert Bratsch, our school resource officer, will be bringing a team to conduct this drill. Prior to Thursday morning, please review lockdown procedures and expectations with your students. If you are going to be out on Thursday morning, please be sure to leave detailed substitute instructions.
- Thursday, April 2: Collaborative Team Day, 2nd (AM), 3rd (PM)
- Thursday, April 9: Collaborative Team Day, 1st (AM), 4th (PM)
- Thursday, April 16: Collaborative Team Day, K (AM), 5th (PM)