I have said it to a few of you, and now want to make sure all of you know that I am blessed to be the principal of North View. The way you have come together to support each other and our students during this challenging time is something that makes this school community amazing, and me proud. Thank you for all you have done to prepare our school community for the school closure. We are poised for success! Now I would also like to provide you with direction for the coming days. If ever you need to access previous important information emails, please click here. This link will take you to a Google Doc that contains previous information.
Before you Leave
Before leaving the building today, please have the following items completed.
- If you have a new phone number or contact information make sure it is changed in the Employee Access Center. This is how the district contacts employees via phone messenger.
- Gather together all things that will allow you to work remotely, as staff will not be able to enter the building during this closure. This may include, but is not limited to, Chromebook, notebooks, login/passwords, etc.
- From March 18-27, unless otherwise directed by your supervisor, you will work remotely.
- During this time period, as long as you report a summary of your daily work using the form found here by the end of your duty day, you will be paid your regular salary or hourly wage according to your regular work schedule. This will require you to be logged into your Osseo Area Schools apps account.
- You are required to be available and accessible for either on-site or remote work during your regular work hours. You must be ready to report to work on-site or remotely at any time.
- Be sure View the latest updates from HR daily on my279.org.
- The MN Department of Health is working hard to follow and track potential contacts of each COVID-19 case. You may hear of someone you know, or you might yourself come into contact with this virus.
- Until the Department of Health contacts, you as a person of concern, continue to follow social distancing and other hygiene practices.
- If you are contacted by public health authorities and advised to isolate, please advise your supervisor immediately.
The Counseling and Social Work department has created a Student and Family Website with resources to assist students during the school closure. They have included and will be continually updating resources regarding mental health, food and housing, online learning, and a virtual mindfulness room. At this point, Counselors will be available for students and families via Google Voice. Their contact information is below:
- 6th Grade: Mrs. Haik, 612-399-6072
- 7th Grade: Mrs. Schroeder, 612-567-2802
- 8th Grade: Mrs. Herlofsky, 612-567-7811
A Few Reminders
- We are all mandated reporters. If you suspect child abuse or neglect, you must continue to report this to Hennepin County Child Protective Services
- You must make a verbal AND written (online) report within 24 hours. Step-by-step directions can be found here: https://reportchildmaltreatment.hennepin.us/
- If a child is in immediate danger, call 911.
- If you know a student who is experiencing a mental health crisis:
- Report and Refer
- Try to get in contact with the parent, if you cannot get in touch with the parent, call local law enforcement, 911.
For Non Licensed Staff
During the closure (March 18th-March 27th), the following is expected of all NVMS ESPs.
- Check email by 8:30 am and 2:30 pm on a daily basis, and more frequently as you are able. The district and I will be sending out email communications, and it is expected (and essential) that you are reading these emails.
- Complete NVMS Daily Work Summary every day by 2:30 p.m. This will require you to be logged into your Osseo Area Schools apps account.
- Complete online professional development from HR and your union representative. I have included the instructions for Safe Schools Courses and Online Professional Development courses with this email. The instructional guide for accessing materials can be found here.
- For Setting III ESPs, get caught up on Third-Party Billing by March 27th.
- Complete your Performance Evaluation Form for your end-of-year meeting. Ms. Dale has sent out a copy.
- Check-in with the teachers you support and offer your support remotely. They are putting together instructional content within the district’s distance/flex learning framework, and there may be ways that you can help support those efforts.
- Collaborate with other ESPs and with me. We need each other!
- Catch up on email and/or clean out email inbox.
For Licensed Staff
During the closure (March 18th-March 27th), the following is expected of all licensed staff.
- Complete NVMS Daily Work Summary every day by 3:50 p.m. This will require you to be logged into your Osseo Area Schools apps account.
- Between now and March 30, licensed staff who provide classroom instruction or direct services to students are expected to prepare no fewer than 8 weeks of instructional content within the district’s distance/flex learning framework.
- Learn how to use Google Meet (previously known as Google Hangout), the district-supported remote conferencing tool.
You can manually add the links below to your desktop. If you do not how to do manually add these links to your desktop, please watch the video found here.
The BrainPop user id and password are below and case sensitive.
- User Id: NVMSBRAINPOP
- PW: knights5
We, the staff at North View Middle School, commit to…
- Providing challenging academic opportunities that are relevant, engaging, culturally responsive, and rigorous.
- Providing a meaningful, encouraging and safe environment that fosters the whole child, and focuses on student strengths.
- Including data driven best practices and instruction that meets the academic and individual needs of our students, improves student achievement, and promotes growth.
- Engaging in continued professional development to ensure that we are aware of our students’ racial perspectives, challenge our biases, and include practices that serve our diverse student population.
- Providing effective collaborative partnerships with the entire school community by ensuring that we encourage multiple opportunities for involvement, communication, and access.
- Modeling and implementing daily engaging multi-level reading and writing strategies within our classrooms.
- Accepting responsibility for each student’s success and celebrate that success with our school community.