May 12, 2017
Dear Bulldog Families,
The month of May is zooming by and will be gone before we know it. Teachers and students are still actively engaged in a variety of teaching and learning experiences. Just this week I have seen:
- Mrs. Leiner facilitate an interactive read aloud and collaborative group project in 3rd grade focusing on positive social skills (supporting our building-wide FISH expectations).
- Shared reading experiences in several kindergarten classrooms.
- Deep thinking and text comparisons.
- Partner reading and application of strategies.
- An Escape Room challenge regarding the application of reading strategies.
- Hands-on math regarding subtraction of two-digit numbers.
- Learning about and charting classmates’ genetic characteristics.
And, believe me, this list certainly is not complete; it is just a representative sample!
As we wrap up our year, please be sure to review the information regarding iPad collection for rental devices. This process will be time intensive (on the school end) so we appreciate those families with rentals having your son or daughter’s iPad ready for collection. The process should be pretty easy for families, but please be sure to let us know if you have any questions.
As always, thank you for partnering with us in education. Have a great weekend - Happy Mother’s Day to our New Britton moms!
As always, thank you for partnering with us in education.
iPad Return Directions
Please see the information below regarding how to prepare your student's iPad for return. Please note we will begin checking in the iPads for return on May 16th. We will remove all loaded apps on the iPad and you will be able to retrieve them again next school year.
Preparing to Return a School iPad
* Only the iPad device & case will be returned. You will keep the cord and charging brick/block.
* The instructions below are written for an iPad Air on iOS 10. Steps for other models may vary.
Please be certain you have completed the following:
How to Remove Passcode
Settings>Touch ID & Passcode>Enter Passcode>Turn Passcode>Enter Passcode. Click here to view video animation.
How to Remove Restrictions Code
Settings>General>Restrictions>Enter Restrictions Passcode>Disable Restrictions>Enter Restrictions Passcode. Click here to view video animation.
How To Remove iCloud Account
Settings>iCloud>Scroll to Bottom>Sign Out>Sign Out>Delete>Delete from My iPad>Enter Password>Turn Off. Click here to view video animation.
* Carefully remove iPad from case.
* Remove any stickers, paper, tape, etc. from the iPad & case, and clean any remaining residue. Do not use any liquid adhesive removers.
* Use a soft cloth with no cleaners or liquids to wipe all surfaces of the iPad & the case.
* Carefully place iPad back in the case.
End of Year Cafeteria News
The Cafeteria will be serving the following alternate menu during the last week of school:
Monday 5/22: Cheeseburger or Chicken Sandwich
Tuesday 5/23: Pancakes or French Toast
Wednesday 5/24: Chicken nuggets or Chicken Strips
Thursday 5/25: Cheese Pizza, Calzone or Cheese Breadsticks
While there are 2 entrees listed for each day, a choice between the two entrees will not be available. Students will be served the entrée that is available when they come through the serving line.
Also, as we prepare to finish the school year, we are no longer able to accommodate parent visitors for lunch for the remainder of the school year.
Trash Bag Pick Up
Pick up will be Monday 5/15 from 4:30-6:30 at NBE.
*If your order was for only one or two rolls, we can send those home with students on the bus. If your order was for more than 2 rolls, please plan to pick up your order on 5/15 between 4:30 and 6:30 pm or make alternate arrangements.
Contact Leslie Zeisig firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
2017-2018 School Supply Kits
Ready to get a head start on 2017-2018 school year? Order your school supply kits online - it's secure, it's quick and it's easy! Just click on the link below, use the school ID NEW302 and order your supplies for next year! Your supplies will be delivered to your child's classroom in time for the Ice Cream Social.
2017-2018 PTO - NBE needs YOU!
Are you looking for a way to get involved in the school and meet other parents here at NBE?
Check out the NBE PTO!
There are opportunities for working parents, stay at home parents and everything in-between! Also, what makes everything better? FRIENDS! Grab an NBE neighbor or parent and serve together!
* Vice President
* Walkathon (Glow Walk) Chairperson
* After-School Enrichment Chairperson
* Science Fair Chairperson
* 4th Grade Picnic Chairperson
* Bulldog Blast Co-Chairperson (we need several here)
* Mum Sale Chairperson
* Grant Proposal Chairperson
The more people we have to help, the smoother the year will go and the better the PTO will be! If you are interested in any of these positions, please email Michelle at email@example.com.
NBE Calendar 5/15-5/25
5/15 Day1: Weather Safety Program K-2
5/16 Day 2: Weather Safety Program K-2
5/17 Day 3: Weather Safety Program K-2
5/18 Day 4: Track Meet at RJH
5/19 Day 5: Class celebrations: Moore, Peters, Sanders
5/22 Day 6:
5/23 Day 1: Kindergarten Field Day
5/24 Day 2: 4th grade Awards & Picnic
5/25 Day 3: Last Student Day
If your child will be absent due to illness or medical/legal appointment, please call attendance line at (317) 594-4130. This phone line also has a 24 hour voice mail option. Please leave your name, your child's grade, teacher and the reason for the absence by 9:30 that morning. Please do not email the office with this information.
Congratulations to our "Catch of the Week" Students!
Kindergarten: Ian Findlay, Lyla Tyson, Jalee Rammahtaw, Manya Pochareddy, Faith Wendzel, Olivia Banks, Marlee Evans, Joud A Bazlamit, Tabagus Gibran, Preston Booth
1st Grade: Charlie Dotzlaf, Kamiyah Myers, Eveie Meyer, Jacob Hamilton, Christian Haughey, Miguel Montes, Drew Spicer, Shravanthi Saravanan, Emma Linden, Drew Kuebbler, Kelsey Booth, Andre Ames
2nd Grade: Eva Bruzzesse, Kelsey Johnson, Caylee Cerezo, Owen Ratner, Ella Ratliff, Meredity Soehngen, Sarah Albazamit, Sarah Flores, Chaney Ferris, Annabelle Havens, Sadie Newell, Quentin McCracken, Takie Bouzar
3rd Grade: Annika Johnson, Carson Donsbach, Natalie Chambers, Maddie Davis, Johnathan Sweeney, Will Webb, Layla Apple, Brennan Denning, Josiah Dorris, Rohen Maniandan, Nathan Baylor, Jack Butts, Sofia Saracino, Kareen Kakour
4th Grade: Violet Weber, Charlie Neidermann, Abbie Mosier, Nate Colaw, Miriam Linton, Tina Liu, Ethanael Bua
Summer Sports Camps
Fishers High School
HSE High School
Check out the HSE Community Bulletin Board (CBB)!
Hamilton Southeastern Schools has now consolidated all the great activities offered in Fishers into one easy to access location - the CBB! Check out the CBB for library programs, S.P.O.R.T.S. news and other programs you would normally see in our Bulldog Bulletin. Use this link to check it out now!
*If you would like to have your event advertised to this link, please complete the submission form on the CBB.
*Permitted use of school newsletters as required by the Equal Access Act is not an endorsement of this group or this group’s beliefs by Hamilton Southeastern Schools or the Board of School Trustees.
Knights Cheerleader Call-Outs
We welcome all current 4th and 5th grade students to try out for the Knights Travel Cheer Team for the upcoming 2017 season. Tryouts will be held on Saturday, May 13th at 12 pm @ Fishers High School Aux Gym. A mandatory clinic is scheduled for Friday, May 12th from 6 – 8 pm.
Parents must attend an informational meeting Friday during the clinic.
2017 Knights Travel Football Cheerleading
* No Pre-registration necessary. You will complete a registration for S.P.O.R.T.S cheer at the parent meeting. Payment must be made before tryouts (no checks will be cashed prior to results)
* Attendance at Clinic is Mandatory to be eligible to make the team
* Grades Eligible 5th-6th for upcoming 2017-2018 school year
* Practice twice a week starting June until the start of school
* Games are every Saturday from August- October (including Labor Day Weekend and Fall Break)
* Team Cost Estimated $300.00 (including registration fees)
* Uniform/Practice Wear/Warm Ups/Back-Pack & Coaching (Discounted used uniform pieces will be available on a first come basis)
* Cheerleaders are judged on Side Line Cheer, Jumps, Motions, Appearance and Enthusiasm!
* Tumbling ability is only worth extra credit points/ It is not a requirement to make team
* Knights Cheer encourages strong academics. Bring a copy of your report card for extra credit
Please reach out to the coaches with any questions:
Giannine Cohoon: Giannine.Cohoon@roberthalf.com (312) 545-5342
Tricia Akers: Triciaakers@yahoo.com (317) 679-8303
Fishers Parks Department Camps
It is difficult to believe that summer is just around the corner! The City of Fishers Parks and Recreation Department launched its summer camp registration on Wednesday: http://www.fishers.in.us/CivicSend/ViewMessage/message?id=15994