Madison High School News, Notices and Events - 5/13/2019
Madison Parent Survey Countdown
Cherish the Memories
By Evelyn Garcia, Yearbook Staff Member
Warhawk parents, do you remember your high school years? These four life changing years can be easily remembered in a book! This year's theme is all about the roads your Warhawk has walked and how that will lead them into a bright future full of success. The 2018-2019 yearbook is filled with hundreds of memorable photos, quotes, and articles describing all the amazing moments of your child’s high school life. You can buy it for $85 dollars cash at the finance office or online at jostens.com/yearbooks until May 24. It’s first come first serve, so purchase your child’s award-winning yearbook soon!
Summer School Applications Due May 17, 2019
Counselors visited English classes the week of May 6th to do a brief transcript review and help students identify classes that need to be retaken in summer school. Please review the transcript that was given to your student. If are any D’s or F’s on the transcript or progress report the class needs to be retaken in summer school. Please fill out the summer school application that was given to your and circle what summer school site they will be attending. Both the student and a parent/guardian must sign the application. Summer School is being offered at Clairemont, Crawford, Henry, Lincoln, Morse and San Diego High School. Madison will not host summer school this year due to construction. Bus transportation will not be provided. The dates of summer school are Monday, June 17th through Friday, July 26th. If you have any questions please contact your students counselor. Extra applications are available in the counseling office and on Madison's website under School News. Summer school applications are due to the counseling office by Friday, May 17th.
Family Notices for the Week
- New Main Phone number: 858-536-0336
- Photos needed for Senior Slide Show: It’s time for the end-of-the-year senior slide show; a look back through the years here at Madison High School for the class of 2019. Submit photos to JMHSnews@gmail.com.
Saturday School: Saturday School is Saturday, May 18, from 8 a.m. until noon in room B-22. Students are required to makeup any uncleared absences through Saturday School to participate in end of year activities. Enter campus through the Doliva gate nearest the 500 building and make sure to arrive by 8 a.m. There are only 36 spots available. Priority is given to students who sign-up at Ms. Simpson’s office.
- 2019 Bishop Memorial Rotary Scholarship: A Madison senior is guaranteed to win $500. To apply you must have a 3.0 or above 9-12 WGPA and write a brief personal essay. Scholarship Applications are due Friday, May 17th. Applications are available in the counseling office.
IMIN After School Policy: All students are required to sign in to the IMIN after school program within ten minutes of school dismissal and are not be permitted to leave campus and return. In the case of an emergency, it is important that administration can successfully account for all of our students. Students are not be permitted to leave to visit local establishments and then return to campus. Late bus passes are only provided to students who participate in an after-school sponsored activity or event.
Commencement Reminders for Families
FAMILY & FRIENDS
Start Time: 1:30pm; gates open at 12:30pm
Handicapped Parking: Alongside Tennis Courts
Please leave the following items at home:
Balloons, Banners, Signs, Posters, Umbrellas, Horns, Canopies and anything else that may interrupt the ceremony or obstruct the vision of others are not permitted in the stadium. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Arrival Time: 12:30pm
- Ladies: Appropriate dress, skirt or slacks – Heels are not allowed as they cause damage to the field.); no flip flops.
- Men: Appropriate dress slacks, shirt, tie and dress shoes; no flip flops.
- Caps/Gowns must be carried over your arm and put on inside the gym.
- Gum is not allowed; sunglasses permitted only on the stage.
- Please leave cameras, cell phones, flowers, leis, necklaces, inflatables, etc. at home. We will have these items checked in at the table in the gym foyer PRIOR to entering the gym. Return to the gym after the ceremony to retrieve these items. NOTE: Cultural regalia must be approved by the administration.
- Only seniors may enter the gym; families should go directly to the stadium.
- After the ceremony, students return to the gym to pick-up diplomas; turn in gown and sashes (if applicable); and retrieve confiscated items.