The guide below provides important information from the Public Schools of Brookline.
- Simplified Chinese: 点击这里查看中文翻译.
- Traditional Chinese: 點擊這裡查看中文翻譯.
- French: Cliquez ici pour accéder aux options de traduction
- Haitian Creole: Klike la a pou tradiksyon kreyòl ayisyen an.
- Hebrew: אנא לחץ כאן לצפייה במסמך בעברית.
- Japanese: ここをクリックして日本語の翻訳にアクセスしてください.
- Korean: 한국어 번역을 보시려면 여기를 클릭하십시오.
- Portuguese: Clique aqui para a tradução em português.
- Russian: Нажмите здесь, чтобы получить доступ к русскому переводу.
- Spanish: Haga clic aquí para acceder a la traducción al español.
- Vietnamese: Nhấn vào đây để truy cập bản dịch tiếng Việt.
All students who have registered in the spring receive their teacher assignments from their new school during the Summer.
Please note that our Kindergarten teams develop class placements to create balanced groupings of students. Unfortunately, they are not able to honor teacher requests for the placement process.
Each family will have several opportunities to share information that will help our teaching teams to get to know your child better and assist with their transition to kindergarten. In addition, you will be able to provide us with input regarding any peer groupings (i.e. neighbors, friends from preschool, etc.) that you feel may be either beneficial or present potential challenges for your child's kindergarten transition.
When does school start?
The First Day of School for the 2023-24 School Year is Tuesday, September 5 or Wednesday, September 6 - depending on your student's assignment.
Kindergarten students will begin schooling with a designated half-day of classes, as assigned by their classroom teacher. Approximately half of a kindergarten classroom will attend school on either day before completing their first full day together.
No student may begin schooling until all steps of the registration process have been completed and all documentation has been received.