The Friday Flyer
From Boone Meadow Elementary School
From the Eagles' Nest
Dear Boone Meadow Families,
Last night, the PTO board hosted our first PTO meeting of the year. How exciting it was to hear of the many special events scheduled for the upcoming school year. I am thankful for the dedication of the families that generously sacrifice their time and energy to help our Boone Meadow community thrive and excel.
- During lunchtime today, the Jog-A-Thon committee launched this ever-important fundraiser. Look for information coming home with your child today. September 28th is the big day for the kiddos to run/walk/jog their laps in support of BME. Click here to volunteer.
- Thanks to Jennifer Welch (2nd grade teacher) for the upstart of Boone Meadow Voices. More than 50 students from 2nd-4th grade classes joined the troupe and enthusiastically held their first rehearsal on Tuesday. We are excited to see our chorus perform on December 8th at 7:00 PM in the BME café. All I can say is “YES!”
- Keep your eyes peeled for information regarding Student Progress Conferences to be held during the last week of September through the month of October. Your child’s teacher will contact you to schedule a time to meet with you and discuss your student’s progress. Our goal is to make contact with every family in order to support your child academically, socially, and emotionally.
- This coming Monday, we will practice our “Evacuation Drill.” We continuously audit and refine our safety practices at Boone Meadow, and in doing so, safety drills are of great importance. At approximately 9:30, all staff and students will relocate to Eagle Church (our evacuation and emergency reunification location). In years past, this process takes about 15 minutes and provides us with opportunities to refine our process, as well as nurture familiarity for all in the event of an emergency.
- Next week is Spirit Week at Boone Meadow! Each day next week, students and staff are welcome to dress up to show their spirit for Zionsville! See the list below.
Your partner in education,
Lifelines of the Month:
Coach Garrett keeps students active and learning in Wellness 360 class.
Thank you to our dedicated PTO for all your work to make the Jog-A-Thon launch a success! We can't wait for September 28th!
2nd grade enjoyed a field trip to Conner Prairie this week.
Wednesday, Sep. 28th, 9am
5555 South Main Street
This year we are going to Race for your Health. Look for your students to come home today with a packet explaining Jog-A-Thon, a pledge form and donation collection envelope, as well as some racing goodies. On September 28th, Boone Meadow Elementary and Preschool students and staff will participate in the annual Jog-A-Thon fundraiser (September 30th is the scheduled rain date). Look for more info on Jog-A-Thon in the upcoming weeks.
Important Upcoming Dates:
September 12th - 16th- Spirit Week
Wednesday, September 28th- Jog-A-Thon
Please stay tuned for more information regarding Student Progress Conferences, which will begin at the end of this month!
Directory Spot is Live
-Go to www.directoryspot.net and click on "Login" in the upper right hand corner.
-Enter your email address as your Username, and click on "Reset Password." An email will be sent to you with a link to set your password.
-Click on the link in your email to set your password and login.
If you have trouble logging in, please email Eileen Adam at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note, because of privacy changes, the students' teachers were not listed in the directory this year. As a parent, you can still elect to share this information. To do so, log in through DirectorySpot.net and click "edit/view details" next to your child's name and grade. (Note: data editing is not available on mobile devices.)
From Our Wellness Coach
Attention teachers, staff, and parents! I am creating a "Fit with Family" bulletin board outside the gym to highlight Boone Meadow families that engage in healthy activities outside of school! If you would like to send in pictures of students or families being active and healthy, bring them to school and I will start to put together the board! If you have any questions, contact me anytime at email@example.com.
Garrett Stephens | Boone Meadow Elementary Wellness 360 Teacher
Last week of ZEF’s Annual Campaign!
Over our 20-year history, the Zionsville Education Foundation (ZEF) has awarded more than $1,000,000 in grants to Zionsville Community Schools! During the 2015-2016 school year, 6,755 students and 288 teachers received the benefits of ZEF classroom grants - which equates to many who were influenced by more than one grant! ZEF invests in innovation thanks to families like you, Zionsville merchants and corporations. The ZEF Annual Campaign needs your support to continue our mission to promote academic excellence. Visit our NEW donation page here. Thank you!
Changes to School Visitor Check-Ins at ZCS
As the 16-17 school year begins, please be aware that we will be using a new visitor management system known as SafeVisitor. SafeVisitor is a 30-45 second check-in process that cross references against all national sex offender registries and prints a visitor badge. Please be prepared to scan a government issued ID (Driver License) when arriving to campus as a visitor or volunteer. The printed badge should be visible at all times while in the building. Thank you!
Please note: Full background checks are still required field trips. Full background checks cost $15.95 and take at least 7-10 days to process. Limited background checks are still required for lunch visits, volunteering in a supervised area, etc.
All volunteers in our district are also required to complete the bullying module, consisting of a short video and a digital signature as proof of watching the video. This video must be watched for either level of volunteer (Full or Limited). Please click here to visit the BRAVO/Volunteers page where all of these items can be completed.
Boone County has shifted from NIXLE to SMART911. This is a free service that allows you to receive emergency notifications from the county which may include severe weather warnings and traffic alerts. The program will ask for optional personal information that could be used in the event of an emergency situation in your home. Boone County citizens are encouraged to create their Safety Profile with Smart911 today. To create a safety profile and sign up for updates, go to www.smart911.com