WANTED ELEMENT: SILVER
Characteristics of silver
- One of the noble metals
- Lies between copper and gold as one of the smallest metals
- Best conductor of heat and electricity of all the metals
- Softness and relative rarity mean that it hasn't been put into widespread use
- Doesn't oxide readily when heated
- Won't dissolve in most mineral acids
- Treasured since ancient times
- Considered a precious metal
- Reacts with polluted air to form sulfide
- Rare element
- Dissolves in solutions of sodium, potassium, cyanide, and other substances
- Has reflecting properties
- 47 protons and electrons
- 61 neutrons
- Symbol is "Ag"
- Atomic number is 107.9
- Distinctive colors
- Free metal
- Discovered after copper and gold
- One of the most ductile and most malleable metals
- Easily extracted from ores
- Transition metal
- Reacts to sulfur
- Spoons, forks, knives, etc..
- Photographic film
First arresting officer
Ancient people whom date back to 4000 B.C have been reported as the founders of the element because it is mentioned in ancient texts. Found in a native state.
Report of first of arrest
This element was discovered back in 4000 B.C after gold and silver. Most likely found by "mining" and its bright color.
The last time the element silver has been seen with transition metals, inside Earth's crust and also in seawater.
0-7172-7572-8 (book citation)