Christmas in Costa Rica
By Haleigh Hinojosa
- Apples are popular during Christmas
- Egg nog and Rum punch are traditional drinks
- The nativity scene is the center of most people's displays.
- During December and into January there are many parades and parties.
This is what the town looks like during Christmas season.
On December 26th, there is an important horseback parade called Tope. Also, the next day there is a carnival like fiesta.
This is what the dinner after mass looks like.
- There is a big lighting tree ceremony that everyone goes to.
- Baby Jesus goes on the manger at midnight
- Tropical flowers decorate people's houses