SGP Warrior Newsletter
Back to School Edition - August 10 - 17
Upcoming Important Dates:
2023-2024 Online Registration is OPEN (see info below)
New Student Registration through Friday, August 11th (8:30 - 3:00pm)
- 1st day of school for 2023-2024 - Monday, August 14th
- Volleyball @Duncanville - Tuesday, August 15th at 5:30/6:30pm
- Warrior Palooza (Meet the Warrior Event) Wednesday, August 16th @6:00pm
- Cross Country Meet - Thursday, August 17th In Crowley @Bi-Centiennal Park
- Volleyball @HOME vs Lake Ridge HS - Friday, August 18th at 5:30/6:30pm
- Football vs Haltom - Friday, August 18th @Gopher-Warrior Bowl JV@5pm/V@6pm
- Freshman Football vs Haltom @HOME - Friday, August 18th @5pm
- Archery Parent Meeting - Tuesday, August 22nd at 6pm @Reagan Middle school
- Meet the Teacher for High School - Monday, August 28th from 6:00 - 7:30pm
- School Holiday - Labor Day - Monday, September 4th (all GPISD schools/offices closed)
- GPISD College Night - Thursday, September 21st @SGPHS from 6:00 - 8:00pm
- Check out our Athletic Schedules below
Grand Prairie ISD student registration is now open for the 2023-2024 school year!
Families with students new to GPISD or families with current students who will be returning next year can register now. If you forgot your Skyward password, don’t see all of your children listed in the system, or have any additional questions, you may contact your child’s campus.
Monday, August 14th is the 1st Day of School!
Student Schedule Information and Room Locations
We want to ensure students can find their classrooms on the first day. We will have administrators, staff, and student leaders available to help students find their way on the first day of classes. After you have completed your registration, you will be able to view your schedule in skyward. Please make sure you check skyward again on Sunday, August 13th for any changes to your schedule that may have been made. We want to ensure students are going to the correct classes on the first day.
If you need help with your skyward login or anything else, please use this link:
After you view your schedule, you may wonder which building your classroom is in. We have classes in three buildings at SGP. The main campus, the Alexander Building, and the J wing.
- The J wing is located behind the main theater, and all classrooms in this building start with the letter “J” (ex. J303).
- The main campus houses hallways A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, K, L, M, N and P. Each room on the main campus has a traditional number system (ex. A118).
- A, B, C, D, L, N, and P are all located downstairs in the main building
- E, F, G, H, and M are located upstairs in the main building
- The Alexander building also has A, B, C, and D hallways. In addition, the rooms in the Alexander building have an “X” in the numbering system (ex. AX101).
We hope this eliminates any confusion about where to find your classroom.
Parking Lot Map and Drop off/Pick Up Information
If you plan to drop off and/or pick up your child from school, please see the traffic map. We need parents and students to pay careful attention to the traffic flow to make things run smoothly when dropping off and picking up students from school. Please make sure you plan extra time in the mornings to navigate through traffic until everyone is familiar with the SGP traffic routes. Pay careful attention to roads that are entrance only, exit only, and bus lane only. Students and visitors will enter and exit the building at the main entrance.
Students will receive their Student ID during the 1st week of school
- 1st replacement is $1.00 after that IDs will be $4.00
- IDs must be worn everyday (visible around the neck area)
Do you plan to park on campus? See Parking information
Parking Permit documents to submit:
- Valid Driver’s License (Student’s Driver's License)
- Valid Proof of Insurance
- Completed Parking Permit Request Form
Parking Permit application and more info:
No students will be allowed to park on campus without a parking permit.
Do you have a student that wants to join a club?
Students needing a VOE (Verification of Enrollment)
A Message from Mr. Jones
We are excited to start back this school year. You will receive this newsletter weekly to be aware of what is happening at SGP. Also, make sure you are following us on social media. We are looking forward to a fantastic school year.
South Grand Prairie High