WANTED DEAD OR ALIVE
- Atomic Number :25
- Atomic Mass 54.94
- Group :7
- Metal : Gray-White
- Resembles Iron
- feels bumpy or rough
- reacts chemically
- decomposes cold water slowly
- very brittle and hard
- Manganese is not found as the free metal in nature.
- Manganese is a naturally occurring substance found in many types of rock and soil.
- Can be found in the Earth.
- Found in a wide variety of foods.
- It is used in dry cell batteries to prevent the formation of hydrogen
- Used to remove the green color in glass that is caused by the presence of iron contaminants
- As a drying agent in black paints.
- Many medicines have small amounts of Manganese in them.
Possible Witness/Related Family
- Technetium( Tc)
- Rhenium ( Re)
- Bohrium ( Bh)
- Other Names Manganese goes by ;
ferromanganese and silicomanganese
10$ per 100g