Function Of The Reproductive System
The function of the reproductive system is to produce reproductive cells; in females nurtures and protects developing embryo.
Spermatogenesis and Oogenesis
- Spermatogenesis turns each one of the diploid spermatogonium into four haploid sperm cells.
- Oogenesis involves the formation of haploid cells from an original diploid cell through meiosis. Oogenesis only leads to the production of one egg cell
Disorders In The Reproduction System
Vaginal Yeast Infection:
- When too many yeast cells are growing in the vagina.
- Symptoms/Signs: Severe vaginal itching, vaginal discharge, and pain while urinating
- Prevalence: 10%
- Treatment Options: Nonprescription vaginal medicine, prescription oral, vaginal medicine, and nonprescription vaginal boris acid capsules
- A cancer that develops in a mans prostate.
- Symptoms/Signs: Frequent need to urinate, a weak or interrupted urinary system, leaking of urine while laughing or coughing, inability to urinate while standing up, and blood in urine or semen
- Prevalence: 15%
- Treatment Options: Active surveillance, surgery, radiation, and hormone therapy