Keep your child safe
- Store guns in a locked location, unloaded, out of the reach and sight of children.
- Store ammunition in a separate locked location, out of the reach and sight of children.
- Keep the keys and combinations hidden.
- When a gun is not in its lock box, keep it in your line of sight.
- Make sure all guns are equipped with effective, child-resistant gun locks.
- Store all household products and cleaning solutions out of children’s sight and reach.
- Store poisonous items out of reach or use safety locks on cabinets within reach. These items also include liquid packets for the laundry and dishwasher.
- Read product labels to find out what can be hazardous to kids. Dangerous household items include makeup, personal care products, plants, pesticides, lead, art supplies, alcohol and carbon monoxide
- Make sure that all medications, including vitamins and adult medicines, are stored out of reach and out of sight or children.
WATER SAFETY AT HOME
- Never leave your child unattended around water.
- Put the cell phone away, forget about all the other things you have to do and give young children 100 percent of your attention when they are near or around water.
- Empty all tubs, buckets, containers and wading pools immediately after use. Store them upside down and out of children’s reach.
- Keep toilet lids closed and use toilet seat locks to prevent drowning. It’s also a good idea to keep doors to bathrooms and laundry rooms closed.
- Parents have a million things to do, but learning CPR should be on the top of the list.