Dealing With Alzheimer's
By: Brandon L.
The Causing of Alzheimer's
Although the causes of Alzheimer's are not yet fully understood, its effect on the brain is clear. Alzheimer's disease damages and kills brain cells. A brain affected by Alzheimer's disease has many fewer cells and many fewer connections among surviving cells than does a healthy brain.
Five Facts about Alzheimer's
- In 2013 alzheimer's was the leading cause of deaths
- Alzheimer's is the most common form of dementia
- There are twice as many women with alzheimers than men in the U.S.
- Heart Disease can lead to Alzheimer's
- You also lose memory and smell if or when you get Alzheimer's