Make a note...
Veteran's representative on campus
STEMania! coming up
Please note below the press release we'll be using for this year's exciting event!
The Weatherford College Wise County campus, located between Decatur and Bridgeport, will host its third-annual STEMania event Thursday, October 29, 2015, from 9am-2pm.
STEMania is an opportunity for fourth grade private, public, and homeschool students from Wise and Jack counties to visit a college setting and experience hands-on science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) activities in a small-group setting. More than 700 fourth graders and 300 volunteers from Wise and Jack Counties participated in the 2014 STEMania day at WCWC.
For the 2015 event, the college received a grant from the ConocoPhillips Corporation. “The ConocoPhillips grant will allow us to host an additional 150-200 participants, with approximately 900 total fourth graders attending,” said event coordinator, Dr. Lisa Welch. Dr. Matt Joiner, the Associate Dean, remarked, “Included in the more-than 60 engaging activities is a mobile planetarium from the Fort Worth Museum of Science and History, bounce houses, medical simulations, farm animals, and a golf simulator.
Volunteers and activity leaders come from all walks of life and from all across the region, including architects and building contractors, healthcare providers, musicians, college faculty members and their students, elected officials, first responders, and local technical experts.
From STEMania, “I want these students to take away a passion for STEM fields that they will take forward into their future,” said Dr. Welch. For additional information, contact Dr. Joiner at firstname.lastname@example.org or 940-627-2690.
Faculty scheduling for spring semester
1. Log into My WC (https://mywc.wc.edu/ics) using your e-mail log-in credentials.
2. Click on MIE in the lower left-hand corner of the screen.
3. Log into MIE using the same e-mail log-in credentials.
4. On the left-hand side of the screen, click on COURSE.
5. In the TERMCODE field, enter 152S.
6. In the INSTRUCTOR LAST NAME field, enter your last name.
7. Review your spring teaching schedule.
8. Contact Matt with questions, concerns, or necessary updates.