HOLY ROSARY NEWSLETTER
Term 3 Week 4 - 14 August 2020
Good afternoon all,
Another week of fun and learning has flown by here at Holy Rosary. I have been very busy conducting Kindy interviews for 2022 (this is all new to me) and I have been blown away with the beautiful families I have met with. Our community is certainly in good hands and I am looking forward to having another wave of families come through the gates. Just as an FYI, many of these families have also been looking for 3YO Kindy in 2021 and this is filling up very quickly this year so if you have a younger sibling thinking of joining the 3YO program next year please get in touch with Laurie soon. Jen Peel runs a really fun, play based, engaging program and the word is certainly getting out there!
Tomorrow our staff will be involved in a professional development day with Brendan Spillane. We have been working with Brendan for the past 5 years on building positive culture, having robust and respectful conversations, teacher efficacy and whole school improvement. I know that this is a favourite day for staff and I am really looking forward to it.
Our Year 3 to 6 cross country finalists are off to the WA Championships today which should be a lot of fun. As you can see from the pics below they are having a great time! I hope you all enjoy the extra time with your families this Friday and Monday and we will see you all again, ready to go on Tuesday!
DATES TO REMEMBER:
Our theme for next week’s Protective Behaviours lesson is Theme 2 – We can talk with
someone about anything, no matter what it is and Secrets.
Children will be learning about the following:
- Introduce the concept of safe and unsafe secrets
- Students will identify the difference between safe and unsafe secrets
- Students will learn they should always tell an unsafe secret to an adult they trust
- Introduce Theme 2 and the concept of safe/unsafe secrets
- Students will learn what a secret, and the difference between safe and unsafe
- Students will understand the importance of talking with others if they have an
- Introduce Theme 2
- Introduce the concept of safe and unsafe secrets
- Students will understand that we can talk with someone about anything no matter
what it is
- Students will understand that they can tell an unsafe secret.
YEAR ONE ARTWORK
P & F NEWS
MEET JEAN WILLIAMS - P & F Committee
** All welcome at P&F Meetings **
1. What's the most interesting thing you can see out of your office or kitchen window? 👉 Lines and lines of washing!!!
2. If you could join any past or current music group which would you want to join? 👉 Not really a group, but Pink maybe.
3. What celebrity would you like to meet for a cup of coffee? 👉 Jennifer Aniston.
4. Is there anything you wished would come back into fashion? 👉 No, I think everything is back in fashion...
5. What three items would you take with you on a deserted island? 👉 Gin, a kindle so I could read and a never ending bag of lollies.
6. What's your favourite family tradition? 👉 Every year towards the end of November we go to the shops and the boys buy one new decoration for the Christmas tree (obviously I steer them towards the decorations that go with my colour scheme). We label each decoration with the year it was bought and slowly but surely over the last five years we have a Christmas tree decorated by the boys.
7. Do you love or hate rollercoasters? 👉 Love and Hate in equal measure!!!
8. If you could only eat one meal for the rest of your life, what would it be? 👉 If calories don't count.....pork belly.
9. What would you sing at Karaoke night? 👉 I would walk 500 miles - The Proclaimers.
10. What makes you laugh the most? 👉 The inbetweeners ....never gets old.
THANK YOU - BAKER'S DELIGHT WOODLANDS
Our student leaders visited Bakers Delight Woodlands to present a Certificate of Appreciation to thank this great local business for supporting our fundraising efforts. They give us back 10 per cent from every purchase when you mention ‘Holy Rosary’.
** 2020 ENTERTAINMENT BOOK - BUY & RENEW NOW **
** FREE TRIAL ENTERTAINMENT BOOK **
FOR HOLY ROSARY SCHOOL FAMILY AND FRIENDS
If you have been meaning to try the new digital Entertainment Book Membership, now is the time!
From MONDAY 10th AUGUST until SUNDAY 23rd AUGUST 2020 you can get a 6 week trial for FREE!
This is for a limited time only, so if you have not yet purchased a digital Entertainment Book, we encourage you to take up this opportunity.
Getting your 6 week free trial membership is easy. No payment details are required. Simply follow these steps:
- To register, go to https://www.entbook.com.au/8437a8
- Scroll down and click on "Free Trial"
- Download the Entertainment App from the App Store or Google Play and start using.
Remember, the 6 week trial is only available between 10th August - 23rd August 2020.
After you have experienced your free trial, you are under no obligation purchase a membership. However, if you do you will be supporting our school fundraiser as a % of each purchase goes to the Holy Rosary Community.
HOLY ROSARY BUSINESS DIRECTORY
As a Parent Community we would love to see a culture of thinking Holy Rosary first! Please have a look through the directory to see what these businesses might be able to do for you. If you would like to be listed please contact Anita Carr at firstname.lastname@example.org
National Science Week 15th – 23rd August
National Science Week is almost upon us.
There are a number of activities that are taking place at a variety of places all over Perth and WA. Please look at the website below to find out all about them:
At school we will be having an afternoon of experiments with buddies working together - on Wednesday 19th August.
Please send in a 600ml plastic bottle (e.g. bottle of water) with the lid for one of the experiments.
We’ve been celebrating food glorious food in the library this week. The story of Oliver Twist has been inspiring us to try some classics. We now know where we can find the works of Charles Dickens in the shelves!! Book Fair orders have been placed but there are delays. As soon as they arrive, I will deliver them to your children’s classroom. Thanks for your patience with this. Round 2 of Senior Chess starts next Wednesday – keep practising!!
Have a great LONG weekend!
“Please, sir, I want some more.”
― Charles Dickens, Oliver Twist
Online Ordering: https://quickcliq.com.au/
Monday 17 August: Student Free Day
Wednesday 19 August: R Cosentino, L Elliot
Friday 21 August: C Byrne, N Della-Polina
Wednesday Soup of the Day: Chicken Pie
Leanna 0414 953 958
FOR SALE FROM THE OFFICE:
WHITE SPORTS SOCKS - SIZE 13-3 - $5.00
BLACK TIGHTS - SIZES 3-5, 6-9, 10-12 - $5.00
WEEKEND MASS TIMES
Sunday: 8am, 10am and 5:30pm
SUBIACO MARIST CRICKET CLUB
Welcome to the 2020/21 Subiaco Marist Cricket Club cricket season! We field teams for girls and boys aged from 5 – 17, and always keen to welcome new players.
Our introductory Cricket Blasters programs are for kids new to cricket, teaching them the basics of cricket in a fun, safe and interactive way. Held at Newman College 5pm Fridays.
We also have teams in each year level from under 10 to under 17, where young cricketers can develop their skills and enjoyment of the game, with mid-week training and games on Saturday or Sunday (depending on grade).
The season starts in October and registrations are open now. Please register at: https://www.playcricket.com.au/club-finder/club-details?Id=1449 (Registrations close Sept 8th for U10-17, and Oct 12 or earlier if the program is at capacity for Cricket Blasters).
For any inquiries or to try on uniform sizes (junior cricket) please come to our launch day on Saturday 22nd August 2pm – 4pm in the Newman College sports complex.
Please contact us at email@example.com with any queries.