3rd Grade Newsletter
December 14th - 18th
Please see below for grade level information, learning targets and spelling words.
- Friday, Dec 18th: Holiday Parties at 10:45, Early Release at noon and report cards go home
- December 26th - January 4th: Winter Break
- Tuesday, January 5th - students return to school
- I can use knowledge of letter sounds to spell words with Diphthong /oi/ spellings.
- I can develop vocabulary.
- I can understand the characteristic of a poem.
- I can explain the difference between verbs that show action in the past, present, or future.
- I can recognize the way an author organizes information in a nonfiction text.
- I can identify when an author uses sequence as a text structure.
- I can summarize a selection in logical order.
- I can edit my writing to check for grammar, capitalization, punctuation, and spelling mistakes.
- I can use text features including an interview to gather information.
- I can answer questions using text evidence.
- I can solve a 2-digit times 1-digit multiplication problem using any strategy I choose.
- I can determine if a problem is missing data or if the problem has unneeded information.
- I can explain how a person’s health habits affect myself & others.
- I can describe how individuals contributed to the creation & expansion of new communities.