December 6 - 10
Friday, December 17th school will dismiss @ 1:30.
Breakfast is served each morning from 7:25- 7:50. Students who would like to eat breakfast at school need to arrive by 7:50 each morning.
ALL Transportation Changes MUST be sent in BEFORE 2 P.M.
PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR STUDENT TO SCHOOL IF THEY ARE SICK!!
Holly Jolly Day
MCES PTO Presents Penguin Patch
MCES PTO is offering a Christmas store for all MCES students to participate in during a special time of the year. The goal of this store is for students to be able to purchase Christmas gifts for family members without them knowing about it. The students will shop and wrap the gifts at school.
Students will bring home the flyer and envelope (pictured below) December 13/14. Please send the completed envelope and money to school. Students will shop beginning on Wednesday, December 15th during the school day.
Transportation Changes and Excuses
ANY and ALL Transportation Changes should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will receive a confirmation email.
Transportation changes MUST be sent BEFORE 2 p.m. to ensure student transportation is correct.
If your child attends practices or stays for clubs, please send that change to ensure your child gets to the correct place after school.
All doctor and parent notes must be sent to email@example.com.
Celebrating During December
School Wide Parties
Our next party is our Winter Party on December 17. Your student's teacher will be in touch with details. All items sent in must be individually wrapped.
Winter Titan Academy Sign Ups
December 20-22-Monday-Wednesday from 8:00 am-12:15 pm
School Based Decision Making Council (SBDM)
SBDM Members: Kaitlin Main- Parent Rep, Lee Wilson- Parent Rep, Nicky Keller- Teacher Rep, Patrick Webb- Teacher Rep, and April Wilhoite- Teacher Rep.
Change of Clothing
Clothing is available on an emergency basis, but supply is limited. If the FRC does not have your child's size and clothing is not in their backpack; a call home to bring clothing will be necessary. Thank you for your help.
Chromebook Repair Fees
Click the link to view the current repair fees for Chromebooks and chargers.
Breakfast and Lunch are FREE
School breakfast and lunch are offered daily. All meals are free for students.
● Due to federal meal guidelines, restaurant food/meals are not permitted at school for BREAKFAST or LUNCH.
● Students may bring lunches from home, however glass containers and carbonated beverages are not permitted.
Please keep Infinite Campus (IC) Updated
Also, if you have an address change or a phone number change, please update those in IC as soon as possible.
If you need assistance logging into IC, please contact the office @ 859-733-7040.
MCES PTO has an Amazon Smile Account. If you shop on Amazon, you can earn money for our school at NO extra cost to you!
ARRIVAL PROCEDURES FOR CAR RIDERS
● Student drop off begins at 7:25 a.m. Please be aware that traffic begins to back up around 7:35 a.m. Students not in their classrooms by 8:00 a.m. are tardy.
● Students should be ready to exit the vehicle quickly via the passenger side doors near the sidewalk when given the go-ahead by school staff.
● For safety reasons, do not go around other cars to exit the line.
● For safety reasons, drivers should not get out the vehicle.
● Do not use your cell phone while you are in the line. Distractions are a safety issue.
● Please carefully utilize both lanes at the bottom circle to avoid traffic back up on Tapp Road.
● MCES staff will open the car door for those students who need assistance.