Principal's Corner #25
March 9, 2020
COUGAR STAFF SHOUT OUTS
- To Sally Wuthrich and Sarah Campbell for stepping up to take on an extra morning duty this week when we were short on coverage. I appreciate you volunteering your time to help make sure kids are safe.
- To Lisa Gelwick for working to make morning line up a positive and safe time for kids across grade levels.
- To the fifth grade team for working through technology hiccups to complete a smooth middle school math placement test experience.
- To Sally and Glenda for their willingness to help proctor tests. To the teachers impacted by Sally and Glenda having to cancel groups/co-teaching, thank you for your understanding and flexibility.
From Alison Berner
- To Thessica Covato, thank you so much for all of your help with the book room organization. You have been so willing to jump in and give so much of your time to help! I appreciate all that you have done!
- To Kathy Jansen and Royce Wiersma, thank you so much for all of your help with the book room organization. You have been so willing to jump in and give so much of your time to help! I appreciate all that you have done!
From Lois Vaughan
- To Ann Litschewski, thank you so much for all of your help with the book room organization. You have been so willing to jump in and give so much of your time to help! I appreciate all that you have done!
From Patti Roject
- To Jennifer Wortmann, Brooke Hall, Jackie Moore, and Kelli Minatta, thank you for your constant support, care, and laughter this year! I could not do this job without you!
From Lisa Incitti
- To Lois Vaughan, thank you so much for working with me to create my conferring schedule and helping gather resources for a few of my skills groups. You help keep my head from spinning...ha! And it's great that work we are doing is helping my students make progress. You are very great!
From Erin Wehrle
- To ALL OF YOU for the hard work, time, and commitment to our students and their families during conference week.
- To Ken Martinez for staying patient with me as I rearrange my office, and to Joan Salinger and Melissa Adler to helping keep me focused to complete the task.
From Katie Johnson
Has it been awhile since you gave a SHOUT OUT? It's just a click away.
Final conferences should be scheduled on or before May 1st. Please see Joan (Katie) OR Melissa (Alison) before 4:00pm on March 27th to schedule this conference.
Final conferences should be scheduled on or before April 15th. Please see Joan before 4:00pm on March 27th to schedule this conference. Please also remember that I must conduct two full observation cycles: one each semester. If you have not scheduled your second observation cycle, please see Joan before 4:00pm on March 13th to schedule your observation cycle.
Please see Melissa to schedule your summative evaluation meeting with Alison sometime between April 27th and May 8th.
From the desk of Alison Berner
Reminder: CMAS training will be held this Monday, March 9th from 3-3:40 in Lisa Gelwick’s classroom. Several people have let me know they will not be able to make it that day, and so I have scheduled a make-up CMAS proctor training after school on Friday, March 13th from 3-3:40 in Ann Litschewski’s room. All 3rd-5th grade teachers, SpEd, intervention, and ELA teachers must be trained.
Additionally, I am looking for a few volunteers from K-2 who would be willing to 1) attend training and 2) fill in for an upper grade teacher if an unexpected absence happens during testing (we would provide a sub for your class). If you are a K-2 teacher would like to volunteer for this, please let Alison know asap.
Some of you have been asking for the link to online practice resources. They can be found here: https://coassessments.com/test-prep/
To better help our substitutes understand Cottonwood emergency and drill procedures, we have put together a little half sheet of “Important Information.” Moving forward, please paperclip this to the front of your sub plans. This is also a good time to make sure you have a current class roster and current emergency contact reports in your red folders. If you need help printing a new emergency contact report, please let me know.
- Monday, March 9: 2020-21 Planning Committee 7:00am Conference Room
- Tuesday, March 10: Katie Out, ADCO
- Wednesday, March 11: Katie Out in the AM, Parent Council
- Wednesday, March 11: Staff Meeting, Staffing and Scope and Sequence
- Thursday, March 12: Multi Cultural Festival, come Tour the Cottonwood Creek World, 6:00-8:00pm
- Friday, March 13: 1st-5th Supply Lists due to Katie
- Friday, March 13: SLIME Assembly, PM Assembly Schedule
- Monday, March 16-Friday, March 20: SPRING BREAK
- Thursday, April 2: Collaborative Team Day, 2nd (AM), 3rd (PM)
- Thursday, April 9: Collaborative Team Day, 1st (AM), 4th (PM)
- Thursday, April 16: Collaborative Team Day, K (AM), 5th (PM)