Network for College Success
The University of Chicago
School of Social Service Administration
NCS Block Party
Building community and leveraging cross-school learning & the power of our collective!
Network For College Success
Our special day is coming as a result of
NCS principals’ aspiration to demonstrate their collective power as a community of learners across schools. This conference will leverage the power of our network community to drive change in and across schools.
The goals are to:
- strengthen our cross-school community of adult learners;
- build coherence amongst schools' improvement efforts;
- extend NCS professional learning to a broader set of staff from each school.
Host: South Shore International College Prep High School
Thursday, Aug. 28th, 8:30am-3pm
1955 E 75th St
Registration* & Continental Breakfast (7:30 am - 8:30 am)
(Most schools are offering bus transportation to and from the site; limited street parking is available on 75th, 76th and Jeffery)
Please complete registration including your top choices for sessions and lunch preference asap. Participants who pre-register will have the best chance of attending their top session choices and will be able to express register the day of the conference.
- Consortium on Chicago School Research: From On-Track to College Readiness
- NCS Principals: Context and Community Call
Sessions by Teachers, Administrators, NCS, the Consortium on Chicago School Research and others
- Opting Out is Not an Option: Techniques for Engaging Students
- Teaching Math through Problem-Solving
- Why Are We Doing This? Using questioning to guide classroom practice
- Benchmarking for Teacher Leaders
- Facing History and the CCSS: An approach to teaching writing
- Restorative and Social-Emotional Practices in the Classroom
- Mastery Data: Engaging students in their own success
- ACT Preparation: too much, too late
- Becoming Effective Learners: The role of non-cognitive factors in student achievement
- College Readiness and College Choice
- Building a Rigorous Classroom: Standards and Supports
- Many More