May 2016 Edition
- Resources for your own teaching practice
- Training course in mastering questioning techniques
- STaRS communication and reminders
- Details about joining the Equality and Diversity Celebrations Working Group and the Health and Wellbeing Working Group
- An update on where we are with lesson observations
- Learning walk feedback
- NEW Facebook TLHub page
- Congratulations to teachers who have completed the Excellence in Observation Training
NEW TLHub Facebook Page
Learning Walk #7: Embedding English and Maths
Next (and final of the academic year) learning walk is in the week beginning 9th May, with a focus on Promoting British Values in TLA.
Training - Week Beginning 23rd May 2016
Monday 23rd May 2016 - 12-12.45 (TLHub)
Tuesday 24th May 2016 - 12-12.45 (TLHub)
Thursday 26th May 2016 - 4-4.45 (TLHub)
If you would like to attend, please email Hayley stating which session you would like to attend.
Working Groups: E & D Celebrations and Health and Well Being
The E&D Celebrations Working Group work to ensure that E&D is well promoted and celebrated across the college, mainly through events. This year we organised the Cultural Celebration Day in March as well as ensuring that E&D ran through the tutorial programme. If you would like to be part of this group (that meet once a term), please let Hayley Ryan know.
Also, we have a new working group: 'Health and Wellbeing'. This group will be looking into how we can promote positive well being to both staff and students through activities such as; promotional months, 'email-free days', mental well being etc. Again, if you would like to be part of this group, please let Hayley know.