David Takayoshi Suzuki, geneticist and broadcaster who was born at Vancouver 24 March, 1936. He is a Japanese Canadian who was interned with his family in a camp during the World War II. After the war, he went to high school in London, Ontario. He graduated with Honours from Amherst College in 1958 and got his PhD in Zoology from the University of Chicago in 1961. David Suzuki was a Professor at the University of British Columbia in Vancouver from 1969 until his retirement in 2001. He has written 33 books, including 15 for children and his biography.
- David Suzuki is an environmentalist and has made various TV shows, radio series, documentaries and books about the nature and the environment to raise awareness about climate change and sustainability of the environment. He is well known to people as the host of the Canadian Broadcasting Corporation's science television series called 'The Nature of Things'.
- David Suzuki is the co-founder of the David Suzuki Foundation, a science based environmental non-profit organization where they work "to find ways for society to live in balance with the natural world that does sustain us." The main priorities of this organization are: the oceans and sustainable fishing, climate change and clean energy, environment sustainability, and Suzuki's Nature Challenge.
- David Suzuki has toured to many places in the world raising awareness about climate change and a healthy and sustainable environment where all the the people can live in peace. All of his tours and awareness are mentioned in the Nature of Things and The Suzuki Diaries.
- Appearances matter - always remember to smile: David Suzuki has kept his calm and his smile through all his videos and pictures. He loves the environment, so when he goes around different places, he learns new things with an excited smile on his face and listens intently to the things others have to say.
- Lead from the back - and let others believe they are in front: David Suzuki has given his opinions and his discoveries to the world but he also does take others researches and looks them over and gives them his comments or opinions. He has toured to places with his daughter, Sarika Cullis-Suzuki, and researched about the environment there and and sharing them with the world.
- Courage is not absence of fear - it's inspiring others to move beyond it: David Suzuki continued to raise awareness even though he received some criticisms. He paid no mind to it and didn't stop his programs and funding, through his organization, for the protection of the environment.
- CBC/Radio Canada, "CBC Media Centre - Bio - David Suzuki." CBC News. 15 Sept. 2014. Web. 21 Sept. 2014.
- Phillipson, Donald J.C, Patricia G. Bailey, "David Suzuki." The Canadian Encyclopedia. , 02 Oct. 2011. Web. 21 Sept. 2014.
- Ryan Woodford, "Articles/Biographies/Other/Suzuki, David." FIS RSS. n.d. Web. 21 Sept. 2014.