Information that you need to know!
- For the purpose of making sure a woman does not have breast cancer.
- Women between the ages of 50-74 should get this exam.
- Women should be checked every two years.
Pap Smear: Women
- For the purpose of making sure a woman does not have cervical cancer. Also for the purpose of making sure her organ is working correctly.
- Women should get this exam within three years of sexual activity or when they turn 21.
- Women should get checked every three years.
Testicular Exams: Men
- For the purpose of making sure the testicles are normal.
- Men can typically do this themselves by standing in front of a mirror.
- It is recommended that men do this once a month after a shower or hot bath.
- Men should get this exam starting at age 15.
Prostate Exam: Men
- For the purpose of detecting prostate cancer.
- Men should start getting screened at the age of 50.
- Men should be screened every four years but are offered an exam each year.