Monday Morning Memo
May 23rd, 2016
Good Morning and Happy Monday!
I can't believe we are at this point in the year. This upcoming weekend marks the unofficial start to summer. But do not put your brain on vacation mode yet! We have a few weeks left to tie up loose ends, encourage our students to finish strong, and to look out for on another on the journey of closing out the year. We also at the point of the year where we get to celebrate our students. So let's do our best work and have a good time while doing it.
Our Educator of the Year! Congrats Mrs. Massaglia
Mr. Regn closing out People's Choice...with cookies:-)
The staff at People's Choice looking adoringly at the students.
Some of the People's Choice nominees anticipating who selected them for the honor.
Nasir enjoying a healthy beverage with me!
Chastiney and Nichelle preparing for their trip to Wheaton Village!
Agenda for the week:
- Monday, May 23, 2016: PLC meeting for Math Manipulatives and Quality Questioning Pilot Groups to debrief with the staff in the cafeteria at 3:00PM. Progress Reports go out. Please check your mailboxes and get the progress reports so that you will have them at 2:40 for when students are called back to homerooms.
- Tuesday, May 24, 2016: May birthdays in cafeteria at 2:25PM.
- Wednesday, May 25, 2016: 8th Grade NJSASK testing for Science. New Teacher Meeting at 3:00PM in B216.
- Thursday, May 26, 2016: Dress rehearsals all day for Spring Concert. Spring Concert at 7:00PM in auditorium.
- Friday, May 27, 2016: Renaissance Picnic! An email will come with instructions.
Shout-outs, Reminders, and Other News.
- Thank you to Mrs. Palais for organizing People's Choice! I also know she did not do it alone and used a very small army of special people to pull off the night. Thank you to all of them and to the staff who continue to amaze me with such kind words for the students. There were tears shed and many hearts made glad at that event! Thank you for an awesome night everyone!
- PBIS is putting on a closing event for students. It will be almost like an indoor field day but surrounding basketball type activities. There will be many people needed to pull it off. Google Forms were sent out last week. Please sign up. There are also qualifications that include academics. PBIS not only rewards behavior but for students who are doing what they need academically. There was a slide in the announcements. Please read it and know the requirements.
- Parking Spots won by staff are once again:
Mrs. Giddins: Mrs. Grigri
Mr. Gadson: Mrs. Gorin
Mr. Regn: Ms. Cheafsky
- Please make sure you are marking your attendance accordingly and make sure you have your swipe card when coming in and out of the building.