Unit 5 - My project plan
We are different but we have the same rights
In pre- school education, the curriculum allows to children to learn by playing, to be creative and develop thinking, acting and learning. I was always searching ways to develop and motivate thinking and creativity of my pupils. Etwinning gives me the opportunity to try new tools and discover how my pupils respond to them, how they collaborate with other pupils from Europe who attend pre- school and primary school.
Open etwinning was a very interesting seminar, self assessment and assessment by other peers was a very constructive procedure with helpful feedback.
Children in pre –school age, are self centered and it is a challenge,
a bet, to cultivate them empathy. In this project we are going to work on it.
Our aim will be to approach the acceptance of diversity at different levels, by using a variety of ICT tools. This project can be improved, if we are going to apply it in our schools, if we share our ideas.
Language: EnglishDuration: 6 months
Age: 4,5-12 years old
Partners: 4 schools from european countries
(In Greek pre school education, according to the curriculum we try to implement in our activities all this learning areas, when we planning a project)
Use of ICT Tools:
1. twinspace (forum, video conference, Twinning desktop (mail, teachers bulletin)
2. avatarmaker or voki
5. poster my wall or photocollage
6. learning apps
8. prezi or genially
9. meeting words
Aims for pupils
- Develop the pupils language skills (Language)
- Cultural exchange between the different partners in the project (Anthrogenic environment)
- Create small groups of peers, so they can achieve easier their goals (Anthrogenic environment)
- Incorporate the values of acceptance, co existence and empathy (Anthrogenic environment)
- Use ICT in order to communicate, find informations and collaborate for a common goal (ICT)
- Work together in groups in order to produce a project and to respect each other's views and work (ICT)
- Express themselves through theatre, music, drawing (Arts)
- Enrich the language with words associated with mathematics, to communicate and use technology (Maths)
We are going also to consult more about the learning area of New Technologies in the new curriculum, which is in pilot application, but it is more analytical about New Technologies (2011)
Aims for teachers
- To communicate, share ideas, and cooperate with other teachers from different countries, curriculums and backgrounds.
- To find new ways to consider how to create collaborative activities, so all schools can communicate.
- To create a bank of resources with ICT tools, activities and materials so other schools can have a tutorial about acceptance and empathy.
By the end of the project, pupils will have:
-collaborate with peers to achieve a goal.
-use ICT to accomplish a task
-use ICT to collaborate with peers.
-disseminate their knowledge
-assess their own work and other partners work and being assessed by others
Teachers and pupils will have to apply the following approaches:
Collaborative approach of learning in groups
Work process (December to May)
1. Finding partners in Partner Forums (Etwinning platform).
2. Communicate with partner teachers about the project and how they are going to collaborate, to organize activities, tools, steps.
3. Pupils introduce themselves to the partners from the other schools, through “avatarmaker” or “voki”.
4. Pupils share their ideas for the project, in a Padlet.
January - February
Phase 1- (All pupils, from every school work in group of 4)
1. Pupils from multi-national groups working in groups of 4 members and edit a story about diversity. Every school chooses to approach a different point of diversity.
2. One group of pupils create a presentation with the tool “poster my wall” or “photocollage” to show the story to the other partners and invite them, to draw in "twiddla" all together a message about story.
3. Another group create puzzles with their drawings, in “jigsaw puzzle” and share it with other partners, so they can use it.
4. Another group of pupils give a different end in the story they edit and ask from their partners to suggest, “what would happen…..if”
5. Another group create “learning apps” from the stories they edit, share it and play with the other partners.
6. Another group of pupils present their suggestion in a videoconference or through “prezi” or “genially” to the other groups.
7. All groups present their work to each other
March- April (All pupils, from every school work in group of 4)
1) Pupils decide to write a common poem, about diversity. This poem will be continued from next school, by using "Meeting Words" and then all together are going to create an illustrated e- book, using "StoryJumper".
2) They invite a poet in their school, to talk them about his inspiration. They organize a videoconference, so the other schools can participate to this action, by answering, creating and sharing their ideas
3) They propose key-words that they are going to use in their poem, in "Padlet". They vote for the prevalent key words, through the tool “AnswerGarten”
4) For creating Story Jumper each partner undertake tasks that has to do with the poem they write, like: illustrate, write text, narrate the poem. All partners follow the same procedure.
Βy the end of the project, pupils will be able to:
1. interact with a poet.
2. create an e-book – storyjumper, which will be uploaded in every schools blog.
3. create an online presentation of the project. They are going to present it to other schools and parents.
4. share their project in several blogs
May -Dissemination and evaluation
- Dissemination: Pupils from every school creates an event to show their work to other classes, to their parents and to the local community. This can be a live event in "Skype" so can participate all partners and share their work.
All partners has to assess, if the goals were achieved, and if children’s interest and implementation was strong until the end of project. They will fill a quest that are going to create in common
Children will assess project, and the other group work, through a questionnaire "docs.google" and working sheets.