January 29, 2021
Positive Shout Outs
And congratulations to Mrs. Rosin's entire class for being recognized for demonstrating PRIDE behaviors.
Spotlight On Fourth Grade
Valentine's Day Celebration - February 12th
Please follow these important guidelines in regards to our Valentine Celebration:
Valentines need to be signed in the “from” portion only
Valentines need to be brought to school no later than Wednesday, February 10th in a Ziploc bag.
If students bring their Valentines on Friday, they will not be able to pass them out until Monday, February 15th.
All students will receive a white paper bag that they can color and decorate. There will be no homemade boxes or containers allowed in the school.
Teachers may supply a packaged snack for each student in their class which can be eaten in the classroom at the teacher’s discretion. Any other candy which accompanies Valentines will need to be brought home.
PTO will provide a box of Conversation hearts for each student
One School One Book
SOI Admission Update
Gifted invitations to SOI will be delayed and will be sent out the week of February 8th.
Parents of Current Second Grade Students:
Due to the COVID situation and managing smaller testing groups, it is taking us a little longer to complete testing for the School of Innovation Admissions Process than we anticipated.
We are working to complete all testing and the review of all scores as efficiently as possible, while also ensuring that everything is done correctly. We will not have testing and the score reviews completed by the end of this week so we have adjusted our timeline for the SOI Admissions and Lottery Process as you will see below.
We appreciate your patience as we commit to ensuring that we complete all steps and communicate appropriately. Additional letters and score reports will be sent following the completion and review of all testing.
Week of February 8 - Invitation letters mailed to second graders who met gifted identification criteria. Score reports for all students who participated in testing will be mailed.
February 19 - Parents of Identified Gifted Second Grade Students - Accept/Decline via Google Form Response Due
February 26, 4 p.m. - Online Application Opens for the Lottery (a link will be posted on the website and emailed to parents of enrolled second graders)
March 10, 4 p.m. - Online Application Closes for the Lottery
March 19 - Lottery Drawing Streamed Live Online
Week of March 29 - Lottery Recipients Notified - Accept/Decline via Google Form
April 9 - Lottery Recipients Response Due
May 6 - Open House for Incoming Third Graders at the School of Innovation
Thank you for your understanding as we work through the process.
Director of Curriculum
Saturday Cartoon Class
- We will have outdoor recess every day if the temperature is 20 degrees or above. Please make sure that your child is dressed appropriately in a winter coat, hat, gloves, and boots.
- Willoughby-Eastlake will be continuing with the USDA lunch program. Breakfast and lunch will continue to be offered free of charge.
- Power School Updates: An email will be sent out this weekend for anyone that has not updated all of their child's emergency/contact information. It is imperative that this information be updated, whether your child is a virtual or brick and mortar student.
- The breakfast/lunch menu can be found on our school or district website
- Please remember to adhere to the speed limit and the stop sign in front of the school when entering the parking lot.
February 12th - Valentine Celebration
February 14th - Happy Valentine's Day
February 19th - Virtual Cartooning Assembly