MUSTANG TIDBITS FROM ROOM 304 & 306
December 2015/January 2016
STANDARDS WE ARE FOCUSING ON
- Experience grade level and age appropriate literature materials, including poems, biographies, chapter books, fiction and non fiction works, that are adapted to student reading level.
- Answer questions and use support from text to explain the main ideas, details and inferences of a story.
- Read and use grade level and age level appropriate informational materials, including social studies and technical texts that are adapted to student reading level.
- Generate informative paragraphs, including a topic sentence, supporting facts or details and a concluding sentence.
- Research and gather information from print or digital sources to answer a question or solve a problem.
- Generate a written text to summarize information from multiple sources, cite sources.
- Understand and use +,- and = in problems. Solve addition and subtraction problems. Model and solve problems involving multiplication or division.
- Represent a real world situation with a numeric expression.
- Solve multi-step problems that include sequence of operations to reach a solution.
- Recognize and investigate real-world examples of physical and chemical changes to matter.
- Identify and investigate entries in the Periodic Table of Elements in relation to real-world product uses.
- Conduct simple scientific investigations.
- Use multiple sources to create a sequence of events from a historical period.
- Describe how social studies allows for increased participation by people of various cultures, races, and ethnicity.
- Describe how a culture has influenced their community, state or nation.
We have been focusing on three key Elements of Art, "Texture", "Form" and "Space". We recently finished a beautiful assignment where we have been tying the three elements together to create a Landscape. Understanding and talking about foreground, middle-ground and background as well as collage gave us the information we needed to make some fantastic works of art!
Hope you enjoy these lovely Fall Landscapes!