January 20, 2023
Family Webinar Series
We have a special episode next week of the Family Webinar Series we have been hosting this school year entitled The Dangers of Fentanyl.
Below is the webinar description:
Join us for this webinar as the program director of the Park Hill Community Alliance for Youth (CAFY), Ashley Halter, talks about this dangerous threat. And another featured guest at this webinar is Amy Owens, whose daughter Annika lost a friend who died after unknowingly taking a fentanyl-laced pill she thought would help her sleep. Annika will also be giving a pre-recorded account of her horrific experience of finding her friend dead, a sweet girl whose full life ended way too soon.
The webinar will be held on Tuesday, January 24, 6:00-7:15 PM. Register for the webinar by clicking this link. We strongly encourage people to attend live so that they can ask questions of our co-presenters. The webinar will be recorded and available, along with the rest of the webinar episodes, on the Student and Family Support page on the district website (under Mental Health and Healthy Living Resources, Family Webinar Series).
Preparing for Inclement Weather
PHSD will send out the notice of the cancelation or delayed start for students using several communications:
- District and school websites
- Text alerts to families - To sign up for text alerts, Text “Y” to 67587.
- Email newsletter
- Local media
AMI - What will a distance learning day look like for students?
- All students will have distance learning on an AMI day from 9 a.m. to 3:40 p.m., with a break from noon to 1 p.m.
- Students should check their online learning platform (Schoology or Seesaw) at 9 a.m. to see what teachers have planned for the day.
- The Adventure Club school-aged child care program will still be available for those who are already signed up, from 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.
2- Hour Delayed Start
We might announce a two-hour delayed start for students if there are dangerous weather, temperature or road conditions in the morning that are forecasted to improve later in the day.
If we announce a delayed start for students, school will start two hours after normal time at every school, and morning bus pick-up times will be two hours after the normal pick-up times. School will end at its normal time, and afternoon bus drop-off times will be the same as usual.
If a parent or guardian believes, based on personal circumstances, that conditions pose a safety concern for their child to get to or from school, they can call the school for an excused absence.
- No early drop-off: Students must be dropped off at school two hours later on delayed-start days.
- Adventure Club: Adventure Club will still be available at the regular times for those families who are already signed up to use Adventure Club every day. Since this is not a full snow day, Adventure Club will not be available for families who signed up to use it only on snow days.
- Bridges: The Bridges program will be canceled on delayed-start days.
- Nutrition: School meals will be available at all schools. Breakfast will be a grab-and-go option.
- Early release days: If we have a delayed start on a day scheduled for early release, there will be no early release that day
Line Creek Swag!
If you were not able to attend the Fall Block Party or did not get a chance to have your spirit wear clothing printed on-site please visit the website https://linecreekspiritwear.itemorder.com/
Online ordering for LINE CREEK ELEMENTARY
linecreekspiritwear.itemorder.comto place your order.
Anything marked silver glitter shows as grey but WILL be silver glitter ink. If your child is in running club and you would like the back to say “Running Club” or “Lions on the Run” there is a spot to specify. Orders will be paid for online and shipped to Line Creek. If you have any questions please reach out to Kim Moore at firstname.lastname@example.org
A Note from Nurse Liz
A couple of reminders from the health room:
- Please continue to keep your students home when they are ill. Remember that they must be symptom-free (fever, diarrhea, vomiting) for 24 hours to be able to return to school. Thank you for working with us in making sure we are keeping our Lions healthy during this cold and flu season.
- Does your child need medication while at school? If yes, please review the following district policy. Medications and inhalers must be brought to the health room by the parent/guardian, NOT the student. For the student to receive medication at school the nurse needs a medication authorization form filled out, the medication cannot be expired, and if it is a prescription, the prescription label must be attached. Linked below is the medication authorization for your convenience!
Thank you and please never hesitate to reach out if you have questions or comments.
Liz Martin, RN, BSN
We want to remind our students and families to wash their hands, cover their coughs, and please stay home if they aren’t feeling well. Staying home when sick prevents our other friends from getting sick as well.
Just a reminder that your student must be symptom-free for 24 hours before returning to school. This includes fever, vomiting, diarrhea, etc.
Please let me know if I can do anything to assist you and your family during this season of illness.
Liz Martin, RN (816) 359-4324 email@example.com
Things to know about your child's lunch account.
All enrolled students have a meal account in Park Hill.
Parents are encouraged to register for a SchoolCafe account, in which you would attach your children to this account, so you may monitor their account balance, set low balance emails, set ala carte (snack) restrictions, apply for free or reduced meal benefits, order daily hot meals for those students working online, or make payments to your student’s meal account(s).
When registering for a SchoolCafe account, parents will need their student’s ID (“S”) number (5-digit number), minus the “S”. This number can be found on Infinite Campus or by calling the Nutrition Services office at 816-359-4090.
- If your child does not have restrictions placed on their account by a parent, the student has the option to purchase an UNLIMITED number of snacks/ala cart items each day.
- If you would like to limit the number of snacks, please go to the SchoolCafe website.
PBIS Rewards App
Park Hill Clothing Center
The Park Hill clothing center recently added evening dates to the volunteer schedule in an attempt to get more volunteers (hanging clothes, putting away shoes, etc). Anyone is welcome to come (kids, teams, groups, clubs, etc). The link is here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508084fa4a72ba0fa7-canyou If you have any team/group special request dates, contact Karen at 603-557-0701 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We also really need people to volunteer during the shopping times (1st and 3rd Tuesdays of every month). During these hours we cannot have student helpers due to confidentiality. Those hours are listed here: https://www.signupgenius.com/go/508084fa4a72ba0fa7-volunteers
Also, you don't need to commit to an entire time slot. Just work what you can. Students in the Park Hill School district can also take clothes home. If you have anything to donate, we accept clothing sizes 4T-Adult.
Our shopping hours are listed here https://www.parkhill.k12.mo.us/families/pta-clothing-center
The address is 8009 N Atkins. It is a house with a blue bin in front next to the Gerner Family Early Education Center’s playground. Type in “Gerner” to GPS to ensure it takes you to the correct address.
Thank you for helping us to help the kids!
The Park Hill Clothing Center Team
Nominate a Staff Member for the Park Hill STAR Award!
Our employees are the reason we are so successful here in the Park Hill School District, and we would like to recognize them for all they do for our students.
That is why we present the Park Hill Star award once a month to a pre-K or elementary teacher, a secondary teacher, and a support employee. Anyone can nominate an employee for this award by using the form below. It asks you to share how your nominee demonstrates our district values of continuous improvement, high expectations, integrity, visionary leadership, and student focus. You can also share how your nominee supports the goals in our district’s strategic plan.
Lion Pride Partner Opportunities (Formerly Watch Dogs)
If you are interested, please fill out the Volunteer Form linked below, and sign up for a time on the Sign-up Genius.
January Curriculum Connections
Check out the linked Curriculum Connections below to see what our Lions will be working on in each subject area during the month of January! We want to share the learning topics at all the grade levels so that you are familiar with what topics and content are taught this month! Your child's teacher is always happy to provide more details should you have questions!
Here are your Curriculum Connections for January.
Math at Home
Check out Mrs. Holub's Library Lions Newsletter Linked Below!
2022-2023 Confidential Resource Checklist
A number of resources exist to help Park Hill School District families. If your family can benefit from any of the resources listed below, please check the service(s) you feel will be helpful. All information received, and any service provided, are kept strictly confidential. We look forward to providing support to your family!
Upon return of this completed form, the School Social Worker will either send you information or applications based on the needs indicated or contact you directly for further information. By submitting this form, you give the School Social Worker permission to contact you and to provide referrals to community resources. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact the Line Creek School Social Worker, Bonnie Maloney at email@example.com or (816) 359-6744.
KidGuard Insurance Program
Park Hill School District (per Board Policy JHA) continues to offer all families the opportunity to enroll their student(s) (Pre-K through 12th) in a low-cost, district-approved insurance program.
Coverage can be purchased at any time during the school year with coverage terminating on the last day of the regular school term.
The application is available on the district’s website -https://www.parkhill.k12.mo.us/families/student-health
KidGuard offers the following options:
1) 24 Hour Basic Accident Insurance Plan
2) School Time Basic Accident Insurance Plan
3) Increased Dental Accident Coverage
4) In-Hospital Sickness Benefit Option
The KidGuard Insurance Enrollment Form is to be mailed by families directly to KidGuard in Saint Louis, MO. The school district is not involved in the collection of applications or premium payments.
Refer all questions concerning claim benefits and claim liability to the insurance agency:
Lawrence E. Smith & Associates, Inc.
P.O. Box 411216
Saint Louis, MO 63141-1216
This handbook lays out our policies and best practices for student device use and care. Parents and students should review it together at least once per year, ideally before the school year begins.
Thank you for your support. If you have any technology issues or questions, please contact the Help Desk Monday - Friday 7:00 am - 5:00 pm at 816-359-5000.
Derrick Unruh, Director of Technology
Student Hours: 8:15 AM -3:05 PM
Office Hours: 7:15 AM - 4:00 PM
Front Office Information
Principal: Robin Davis
Assistant Principal: Lori Burbee
Counselor: Taneka Collins
School Social Worker: Bonnie Maloney
Administrative Assistant: Jennifer Mikic
Registrar: Christy Porter