Luke Hebert, 2nd Hour
- Polynomials- a monomial or a sum of monomials.
- Factor by Grouping- to factor a polynomial with four terms by grouping, factor common monomials from pairs of terms, and then look for common binomial factor.
- Quadratic Form - the form ax2 + bx + c= 0 where a (does not) = 0.
- Polynomial Long Division- a method used to divide polynomials similar to the way you divide numbers.
- Synthetic Division- a method used to divide a polynomial by a divisor of the form x - k.
Exponent Challenge Problem
Dividing Polynomials using Long Division
Adding/Subtracting Polynomial Real Life Example
Stapel, Elizabeth. "Polynomial Long Division: Examples." Purplemath. Available from
http://www.purplemath.com/modules/polydiv3.htm. Accessed 20 January 2016
Burger, Edward B., David J. Chard, and Paul A. Kennedy. Algebra 2. Orlando, FL: Holt McDougal, 2012. Holt McDougal Online. Web.