The Bethune Bulletin
"To Engage, Inspire and Educate..."
Week of October 19-23, 2015
· Our main purpose is to improve student academic achievement.
· Effective instruction makes the most difference in student academic performance.
· There is no excuse for poor quality instruction.
· With our help, at risk students will achieve at the same rate as non-at risk students.
· Staff members must have a commitment to children and a commitment to the pursuit of excellence.
Words from Ms. Hernandez
As we conducted learning walks this week, we got to see from an observer's perspective that it truly is all about STUDENTS. We saw great instruction happening in every classroom from students being highly engaged to small group instruction. Thank you Ms. Lopez for putting together this great learning experience for us all. Teachers, continue to strive to be the best at what you do and engage every students every minute of the day. Thank you for all your hard work and dedication to the students and parents of Bethune.
Week at a Glance
Character Counts Week
Monday, October 19
Professional Development Day
DTR Workshop (optional for DTR eligible teachers) @ 4:00 p.m.
Tuesday, October 20
ARD @ 9:30 am (Espinosa/Marek-4th)
ARD @ 9:30 am (Davila-4th)
ARD @ 10:15 am (Garcia-4th)
ARD @ 2:00 pm (Arambula-2nd)
After-School Tutoring Begins (3:15-4:15 p.m.)
Wednesday, October 21
SBDM and Coffee w/ the Principal @ 8:30 am
Progress Reports go home
Thursday, October 22
PTA Performance by 1st grade
Friday, October 23
Fall Carnival (4:30-6:30 pm)
Attendance on Gradespeed before 9:00 a.m.
Lesson Plans due Friday by 8:00 a.m. to CICs
Grades updated on Gradespeed weekly
Please be prompt with picking up and dropping off students before and after lunches.
Red Ribbon Week Oct. 26-30
Team Leaders and Sunshine Meetings-Oct. 26
Picture Day-Oct. 29