May 26, 2023
Thanks for a Great Year!
Our staff wants to thank our students and their families for a great year at Lincoln. Without the students' hard work and the families' partnerships and support, our students wouldn't be where they are today. Our students are achieving and learning at high levels every day, and we are beyond proud of all they they have accomplished. Please take time this summer to make some new memories with your loved ones, rest, play, have fun, and READ! We look forward to another great year starting in August.
Planning Trips for Next Year?
As we wrap up this school year, we are already working on plans for next year. We ask that our families plan ahead too. If your family is planning on taking a trip next school year, we ask that you reference our district's instructional calendar to help ensure your child's attendance, and as a result, their academics, are not negatively affected. The days marked in red are district-wide holidays. The days marked in purple are student holidays. As you can see, every month has at least 1-7 week days where students are not scheduled to be at school. Thanks in advance for partnering with us in your child's academic success.
Some other events planned for next year:
- Meet the Teacher - Aug. 8
- 1st Day of School - Aug. 10
- Rock Your School Day - Sept. 29
- Book Character Parade - Oct. 27
- Apex Obstacle Course - Nov. 17
- Christmas Parties - Dec. 20 and Dec. 21
- Field Day - Mar. 7
- Kindergarten Step Up Ceremony - May 21
- 5th Grade Step Up Ceremony - May 21
- Classroom Awards for PK and 1st-4th Grades - May 21 and May 22
Make a Note
Please read below of some important information to make a note of:
- Report cards will not be mailed home this year. They will be released in Skyward on June 1.
- The campus will be closed to staff and the community from June 3 until close to August (date TBD).
- Some office staff from Lincoln will work from the MISD Education Support Center on Eva St. during the summer. The best way to reach us is through email or by phone. (The phone number will remain the same - 936-276-4700.)
This Week at Lincoln
Each week, we want to provide you with an overview of our Lincoln statistics and where we are as a campus. We will share information about enrollment, student behaviors, and attendance. Additionally, as we have celebrations to share regarding our students' academic successes, we'll list them here too.
Current enrollment: 457
Attendance (Goal 95%)
Average Daily Attendance Rate August-May: 94.0%
Average Daily Attendance Rate for the Week of:
- 5/1-5/5: 94.7%
- 5/8-5/12: 94.8%
- 5/15-5/19: 93.6%
- 5/22-5/26: 91.5%
Classes with the Highest Attendance Rate (Over 95%) for the Week of 5/22-5/26:
- Mrs. Veillon - 98.0%
- Ms. Grey - 97.5%
- Mrs. Lehmann - 96.0%
- Mrs. Moore - 96.0%
- Mrs. Treharne (Ott) - 95.6%
- Mrs. McClain - 95.0%
Staff Shout Outs
You can also submit names straight to the district. Visit Montgomery ISD's Let's Talk tab on the district website https://bit.ly/3xad64c and use the "Share a Positive Story/MISD Shout Out" topic to share something great this educator has done to demonstrate a culture of respect.
Parent Involvement Opportunities
One of our campus goals is to build more parent involvement on our campus. As parents, you know your child best. We want to partner with you to consistently make our school better. Below are several opportunities where you can be involved or provide feedback.
- Parent Teacher Organization (PTO) - Our PTO is an organization of parents that works to support our students and staff in a variety of ways. They recently purchased some toys and games that students can play with the weather inhibits their ability to play outside. They also bring in special programs and activities for our students and find ways to show appreciation to our staff. We encourage all families to join. For more information, you can contact our PTO at email@example.com. You can also find them on Facebook (@myLESPTO).
- Parent Feedback Form - Any time you want to share your thoughts, you can email, call, or make an appointment to visit. Another way you can provide input is to simply complete our parent feedback form at any time. Your responses are anonymous unless you choose to include your name and/or contact information.
Location: 700 Dr Martin Luther King Jr Dr, Montgomery, TX, USA
Phone: (936) 276-4700