December 11, 2022
Westwood High School
NICE Community School District
The NICE Community School District is a rural district nestled in the rolling hardwood-covered hills immediately west of the city of Ishpeming in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. The district is comprised of the Aspen Ridge School (pre K-8th), Westwood High School (9th-12th) and the Patriot Online Academy.
Kevin Hines Presentation
December 13th at 1:00 pm in the Westwood High School Gymnasium.
ACCEPTABLE BEHAVIORS FOR ALL...
- Applause during the introduction of players, coaches, and officials.
- Accept all decisions of officials.
- Cheerleaders lead fans in positive yells in a positive manner.
- Handshakes between participants and coaches and the end of the contest, regardless of the outcome.
- Treat competition as a game, not a war.
- Coaches/players search out opposing participants to recognize them for outstanding performance or coaching.
- Applause at end of the contest for the performances of all participants.
- Everyone shows concern for an injured player, regardless of team.
- Encourage surrounding people to display only sportsmanlike conduct.
- Taunting, trash talk, and other intimidating actions.
- Not admonishing those around you who engage in practices of poor sportsmanship
- Disrespectful or derogatory yells, chants, songs, or gestures.
- Booing or heckling an official's decision.
- Criticizing officials in any way; displays of temper with an official's call.
- Yells that antagonize opponents.
- Refusing to shake hands or give recognition for good performances.
- Blaming the loss of the game on officials, coaches, or participants.
- Laughing or name‐calling to distract an opponent.
- Use of profanity or displays of anger that draw attention away from the game.
- Wearing extreme/unusual clothing or excessive face or body painting that detracts from the action on the playing surface.
High School Choral and VIM Concert
Wednesday, Dec. 14th, 7pm
300 Westwood Drive
WHS Holiday Concert Parking Crew
It was a bitterly cold morning but these boys battled the elements and loaded the Westwood High School parking lot to capacity for the Aspen Ridge Elementary Holiday Concert.
There are two boys missing from the picture who had to leave early for other obligations.
Thanks to each of them for helping out, they did a fantastic job!