Reminders from the office...
- Be careful you don't park in front of a fire hydrant in the neighborhood; they are less noticeable in the snow. (Right, Amanda? :) )
- If you know you'll be needing a sub in the future, please get your request in early. Subs are a bit challenging.
Happy Justin Timberlake concert weekend!
This Week's Events
Monday, February 17
- No school in observance of President's Day
- Jeans Day :)
Tuesday, February 18
- Instructional Team; 8:30 in office conference room
- (Girl Scouts; 3:30-5 in Art Room)
- (After School Tutoring; 3:30-5 in LLC)
Wednesday, February 19
- ISAT staff meeting (non-testing grade teachers need not attend); 8:30 in LLC
- (Girl Scouts; 3:30-5 in Music Room)
- (ELL Tutoring; 3:30-4:30 p.m. in LLC)
- Missed the first 100 Days report & SIP slides on Wednesday? Make-up session for anyone who is interested in the office conference room at 3:40. RSVP to Kathy if you are interested in this.
- Engage 200: Student Achievement; 7-9 p.m. @ Monroe
- Aide meeting; 8:30-9 (location TBD)
- IEPs/Problem Solving as planned
- Floor hockey; before school in gym
- 5th grade Chinese Feast at lunch
- Orchestra; after school in music room
- Cook's Night Out @ Chick-fll-A; 5- 8 p.m.
Friday, February 21
- PTA Meeting; 9:30 a.m in Art Room
- 4th/5th Grade Talent Show; 12:30-1
- (Chess Club; 3:45-4:45 p.m. in LLC)
Next Staff/Committee Meetings REVISED
February Staff Meetings:
- Wednesday, February 19- (ISAT)
- Tuesday, February 25- (Faith on a Cart/ District Updates)
BLT: Wednesday, February 26
Wellness Committee: TBD
Instructional Team: Tuesday, February 18
Behavior Task Force: March 19th; 1/2 day a.m.
Aide monthly meeting: February 20; 8:30-9 a.m.
Important Jamboree Reminders
Jamboree 2014 is almost here! It will be held on Friday, February 28, 2014.
We are excited to be planning this annual fundraising event and are grateful for the part you are playing to make it a success.
- Please pass on any Jamboree-related items to your students as soon as you receive them. Carnival tickets and raffle tickets will be sent home as orders are fulfilled.
- Please be sure to check your mailbox Thursday afternoon, February 27th, so that you may distribute any last-minute items.
- Volunteers will begin setting up on Thursday, February 27th, starting at 5:00pm.
- All the classrooms on the first level will be used for games and activities, and this year the Candy Grams will be located in the fifth grade hallway (specifically Room 205).
- If you could help us by clearing the desks from the center of your classroom Thursday afternoon, we would really appreciate it. If you need assistance with that, please let Mrs. Melton or Mr. Hernandez know. We will do our best to make sure that everything is left as we found it.
- Each activity will be supervised by at least one or two volunteers at all times.
- The OT room will be open during the event for parent-supervised sensory breaks. Please feel free to notify any parents you think might want to take advantage of that quiet space for their children.
- Volunteers will clean up Friday night and Saturday morning.
If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us. Thanks again for all your help—we look forward to seeing you at Jamboree!
Olivia Evans & Brigid Coleman
Long Term Planning
As we keep communication within school and with our parent community a priority, please communicate any important dates that parents may need to know. Please be thinking about special events that you or others in our building may host so we can plan for timely communication of those events.
- Mondays until otherwise announced- 4th/5th talent show auditions w/Mrs. White in music room; noon-12:30
- Fridays until otherwise announced- talent shows in 4th/5th grade lunch; talent show team eats lunch with Mrs. White prior
- January 20-March 14- Kane County Cougars reading program
- February 25: Staff meeting w/Faith re: report card changes @ 8:30 a.m.
- February 25: Kindergarten Round-up for Class of 2027
- February 28: Jamboree
- March 18: Kane County Reading parent verification forms due to Anne McDonald
- April 11: Kane County Cougars game
- April 11: Dental Clinic
- April 22: Step Up Day at Franklin
- April 25: Culture Fest
- May 3: Lowell 5K
- May 16: Beautification Day; 3:30-5
- May 22: Kane County Cougars game
- June 3: Discovery Day