Post-16 Weekly Bulletin
10th May 2013
- Summer exams start on Monday; students must arrive for their exams promptly, with the appropriate equipment and their student ID card. Students must not take mobile phones or other electronic devices into exam rooms. Students will sit exams at their home centre, regardless of where individual courses are held.
- Study leave - All students are expected to attend lessons until they have sat the final exam for that subject. Students are permitted to take the afternoon off before a morning exam and the morning off prior to an afternoon exam for last-minute revision (this does not apply for Monday morning exams).
- Parent Consultation Evening Reminder – The next Parent Consultation Evening is taking place on Thursday 16th May. Appointments are available between 4:15p.m.-7:45p.m. and can be made through the online booking system via the school website.
Student A won first prize in a competition.
Year 12 A2 courses
Students will start their A2 courses on 10th June.
Prom Tickets ON SALE
Please see a member of the P-16 team for details.
Parents' Evening Talks
Thursday, May 16th, 5:30pm
During the Parents Evening on Thursday 16th May, Mr Clark will be delivering a talk for parents around Results Day and aspects of the UCAS process such as clearing and adjustment. A second talk will take place at 6:45 pm.
- Reminder that morning registration for all Year 12 students will be suspended from Monday 13th May and will re-commence on Monday 10th June. Throughout the exam season Post 16 tutors will be available in tutor rooms every morning, should any student require support or guidance.
- Normal lessons will restart on Monday 10th June and students are expected to attend for all of their subjects, even if they are considering dropping the subject. Exceptions to this will only be permitted after a conversation with Mrs Cheesbrough, Mr Clark or Mr Hill.
- Parents’ Evening Talks – During the Parents Evening on Thursday 16th May, Mr Clark will be delivering a talk for parents around Results Day and aspects of the UCAS process such as clearing and adjustment. These talks will take place in PF8&9 at 5:30p.m. and then again at 6:45p.m.
- Lockers – Students should start to clear out their lockers. Once completed and upon safe return of the key they can obtain a refund of their locker monies via Mrs O’Connor in F75. For those students who have purchased a Post 16 door security pass, a refund of monies can also be collected upon safe return of the pass card.
Bring Him Home - Ed Franklin
Mrs Cheesbrough Mr Hill
Mr Williams Mr Clark Mrs Gibson