Burnet Family Newsletter
Week of February 7th
To view this newsletter in a different language, click on the Translate Newsletter button
Located in the black box to the right.
Para ver este boletin un idioma diferente, haga clic en el boton Traducir boletin ubicado
En el cuadro negro en la parte superior deracha.
Please do not hesitate to reach us:
8th grade Asst. Principal: Noalie Watson (firstname.lastname@example.org)
7th grade Asst. Principal: Patricia Fuentes (email@example.com)
6th grade Asst. Principal: Miguel Pena (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Austin's Water boil Notice:
The city of Austin issued its water boil notice Saturday evening because of a malfunction at the Ullrich Water Treatment Plant.
Under such a notice, you should boil water for at least 2 minutes then let it cool before drinking.
Residents are also asked to conserve water.
We’re asking Austin ISD students and staff to bring bottles of cooled, boiled water to school on Monday as the city is under a boil water notice.
- All Water Fountains will be closed and covered on campus
- Water may be used for handwashing and toileting purposes
- Please continue to send your child(ren) to school with safe drinking water that is bottled or has been boiled
- The cafeteria/kitchen staff will be prepared with boiled water for food preparation
Thank you for supporting your student and us during this time and look forward to seeing our students February 7th.
Salute is AISD’s annual celebration to recognize some of the district’s outstanding team members for their continued dedication to student excellence and achievement in our schools.
District staff, families, and the community are invited to submit a nomination for a staff member they believe represents the very best of AISD. This year’s Salute Awards ceremony will recognize the winners in five categories: Classified Staff of the Year, Counselor of the Year, Librarian of the Year, Assistant Principal of the Year, Principal of the Year, and PTA of the year. In addition, Teachers of Promise and Teachers of the Year will be honored.
You can submit nominations by visiting Bit.ly/AISDSalute2022
If you would like a graphic to include in your campus newsletter or on Twitter, you can download it here.
Nominations will close February 4th at 5pm.
- If you are interested in volunteering at the school, please call the front office to speak with Ms. Yuri Trevino our parent support specialist at 512-414-6274! We need our Mighty Sailor Parents to assist in a variety ways to ensure students are continuously focusing on their learning!
Join Burnet PTA For 2021-2022 School Year
PTA is focused on making every child's potential a reality by strengthening education and taking a comprehensive approach to community success. And we know there is no commYOUnity without YOU – our members, our business leaders, our decision-makers.
Thank you for supporting PTA in your CommYOUnity! Please select the school district* and name of the PTA you would like join. During checkout you can easily add multiple members to the same** PTA
Got to: https://www.joinpta.org/
Choose the district: Austin ISD
Choose the School: Burnet Middle School
COMMUNICATION IS KEY! See Family Engagement Newsletter!
Know your child's grade and Attendance!
You can check your students grades, attendance and email the teachers by using this app.
Download Frontline ERP & SIS and Install from your Android Play Store or your IPhone APP store.
Username and password are the same ones from your parent cloud accounts.
For questions and/or assistance, feel free to contact our parent support specialist, Ms.Treviño
Purchased your Burnet Middle School shirts in the front office. Each shirt is $10.
Cash and checks are excepted. Please visit the front office for purchase.
Family Resource Center is here to help !
8401 Hathaway Drive Portable #507 Austin, TX 78757
- COVID testing sites in the community:
- George Morales Dove Springs Rec Center (78744) and Expo Center (78724): https://www.austintexas.gov/covid-testinfo
- Burger Athletic Complex (78745): https://testing.nomihealth.com/easy_registration/151/onsite
- Order your FREE at-home COVID test kits: http://covidtests.gov
Free Food Drive-Thru
- Monday, January 24, 10:30am-12:30pm, Austin Voices drive-thru food distribution at Dobie Middle School, 1200 E. Rundberg Ln, 78753: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1s-coyFy-DkrXhRaXzPZU1FbzpFTdj0so/view?usp=sharing
- Wednesday, January 26, 10am-11am, Southwest Key, 6002 Jain Ln., 78721
- Thursday, January 27, 10am-11am, Turner Roberts Rec Center, 7201 Colony Loop Dr., 78724
- Friday, January 28, 9am-10:30am, ACC Riverside, 1020 Grove Blvd., 78741
Pre-register NOW for adult education classes using this Adult Education Catalog: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1UNXWa5oUeuhtKOI8vBoh_PMb6s3dkZ5B/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=106146300867414978472&rtpof=true&sd=true
- Plaza Comunitarias (adult literacy classes in Spanish): https://forms.gle/fKm5iqtcQbQyenjZ9
- AISD ESL Classes for adults (pre-registration): https://forms.gle/aqMBXqJMNhV4ay5B6
Please use these resource guides to find information and resources to help you and your family: