Achieve Your Career Goals
with Effective Career Planning on April 18, 2018
To travel to a specific destination, it is very important to take the necessary steps to figure out the most efficient route. Not preparing for a smooth journey ahead of time could be problematic along the way.
This is the case with your career path. If you don’t take the time to plan and anticipate potential obstacles, your career may hit a snag or get derailed.
Effective Career Planning is a course designed to guide you along the way and ensure a smooth journey.
After participating in this course, you will learn:
• The basics of writing a winning resume
• The marketable skills set that can add value to your employer’s operations
• Critical soft skills that complement your chosen field of endeavor
• Networking resources that can give you a lift
• The art of the job interview with mock interviews demonstrated in class
Specific areas that will be addressed include:
• How to prepare for any interview
• Strategies that will help you answer typical job interview questions with ease
• What to wear and what NOT to wear for the interview
• How to answer the dreaded question: “What are your weaknesses?”
• When to ask and when NOT to ask questions during the interview
• How to negotiate the maximum salary you deserve
• How to improve your chances of landing the job AFTER the interview
Date: Wednesday, April 18, 2018
Time: 8:30am to 4:30pm
Instructor Led: Mosis Willett
Manager Approval Required: Yes
Location: Learning and Development Center | 4501 Leeland Street, Houston, TX 77023