Girls Fly! Compton
Aviation - Tomorrow's Aeronautical Museum
PLEASE JOIN US!
Mayor Aja Brown, City of Compton
Please join us!
Aviation Partner: Tomorrow's Aeronautical Museum (TAM)
Girls Fly! is proud to partner with Robin Petgrave, Founder of TAM for a unique Girls Fly! aviation experience.
Over 15 years, more than a thousand youth have experienced TAM. 2015 they launch their STEM curriculum with school districts who access over 26,000 youth. Congratulations Robin and TAM!
TAM offers an affordable pathway to becoming a pilot or aircraft engineer, and engage students in STEM (science, technology, engineering, math) enrichment; their Positive Vibrations Outreach Program is still going strong; and from their humble, but rich museum exhibit gives the community a place to learn about the diversity of aviation history and to get up close and personal with historic aircraft.
Girls Fly! & Mayor Brown's Girls' Empowerment
Learn to fly. Participants meet their peers who are already training to be pilots.
Meet mentors. Hear the stories of how their current reality was once a dream and the valuable lessons learned during the journey. Interact with women and girls who are members of various aviation associations, careers and background. Intimate discussion and hands-on inspiration.
Q & A with women scientist, engineers, artist and women who make STEAM fun and achievable.
Whether your dreams are in the sky or on the ground, your Girls Fly! experience will inspire you to continue to empower your dreams to fly high. Prosperity and opportunities are tied to your aviation dreams.
· Ground School Center – Introduces career options and variables that effect aircraft performance and handling.
· Preflight briefing areas
REQUIRED: Registration at Girls Fly! Girlsfly.org.
Girls Fly! is for EVERY girl, ages 10-85+
La' Shonda Holmes - Black History is Women's History & Girls Fly! with TAM Partners
Girls Fly! Compton - Aviation Experience at Tomorrow's Areonautical Museum
Saturday, March 14th, 8:30-11:30am
961 W Alondra Blvd
Thirty Girls Fly! participants will experience the power of their big dreams. TAM loves what they do and strives to empower your dreams to take flight.
Girls Fly! Mission Statement
Girls Fly! Mission – Personal impact, at local levels, advancing women and girls globally.
- To make one female smile tears of joy because she has clarity tied to her most personal dreams.
- To help her unlock her heart.
- To help her hear the wisdom of the voice within.
- To help her have a clearer path to her dreams.
- To help her smile because she knows that the longings of her heart are safe to pursue, no matter how old, young or unable she may feel.
- To help her see flying with STEAM is an option (science, technology, engineering, art, math).
- To help her be financially literate.
- To help her give big and boldly.
- To help her know that her life has value.
- To help her understand the power of belief, faith, hope and love.
- To help convince her that she was created for more.
To help her smile because she is not alone.