A Newsletter for Macon-Hall Families and Friends
November School Update
- Picture Day is coming! November 9th is school pictures for all students PreK-5th grade.
- Great News! SCS has received the Connected Literacy Grant and will partner with Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare and BookNook to provide FREE virtual after-school tutoring in reading this fall to SCS students in grades 1-3. Our goal is to register 5,000 students! Registration is now open to eligible families, and slots are available on a first-come, first-served basis. The registration deadline is Monday, November 15.
- Please make sure your PowerSchool information is updated with current phone and email. In the event of an emergency, this is our only way to contact you.
- Students are considered tardy after 9:25am and tardies and early dismissals are counted against perfect attendance. There are no office dismissals allowed after 3pm. Please make every effort to have your student(s) to school on time each day.
- Thank you for your participation in Book Character Day and Red Ribbon Spirit Week.
- We are THRILLED to be getting our PTO back up and running. Please join if you have not already. Our PTO is already hard at work for our students!
- Our new PTO officers are President: Jessica Johnson, Vice President: Shevronyouna Griffin, Treasure: Ashley McGuinn, and Secretary: Michell Allen
- Counselor Guidance Lessons for November:
Habit 7: 7 Habits of Happy Kids
Sharpen the Saw: Balance Feels Best (Teaching students to balance responsibilities with
- Please remember to send a written note when your child has been absent.
PreK Arrival and Dismissal Info
- We have recognized the traffic that our PreK drop off and pick up has created in the car line. Beginning Monday, November 8, PreK (Williams, Horton, and Young’s classes) will drop off and pick up in the old bis circle. Messaging has already been sent to these families, but for our current car riders, you should see some relief in the car line.
Third Grade Commitment
Do you have questions about SCS’s Third Grade Commitment? Please reach out to Mrs. Trotz, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Macon-Hall Upcoming Events
November 1-14: Online Scholastic Book Fair
November 9: Individual School Pictures
November 11: Veteran’s Day, no school
November 16: Data Meeting, K-2- 5:30, 3-5-6:00, Join here: https://teams.microsoft.com/l/meetup-join/19%3ameeting_YzBjZDYwNjItZmUzNC00ZDhjLWE4ZTktNDg0NDNkOTc0ZTk5%40thread.v2/0?context=%7b%22Tid%22%3a%222b291c94-5eb0-44b7-89ea-4baf16ecc4a9%22%2c%22Oid%22%3a%2283bba4f2-50d9-4941-ad8d-370ac2e73804%22%7d
November17: Progress report available in PowerSchool
December 3: College Spirit T-Shirt Day