The Sparkling Hooters Spotlight
Senior Team Leader's Corner
So much has gone on in the last month. Isn't it so hard to believe that we have really only been going strong at this for 7 months? Can you just imagine where we will be next year at this time. It really gets me excited.
I know this newsletter is late and I so apologize. I always try to find the best way to create our newsletters. I have tried many different ways over the last 12 years, so let's see if this way works. Normally I will have the newsletter out by the 11th of the month.
Convention was last week and all I can say is WOW! It was an amazing experience. I know everyone that went is still raving about it. I hope you all can make it next year and really experience first hand what this company is all about. I believe almost all of us have registered for next year already.
We have some true ROCK STARS on this team. You guys are blowing numbers away. As we sat in convention and watched what some of the top leaders are doing, I know many of us were sitting there thinking, "WOW the Sparkling Hooters can totally do that." We currently have a 2 Team Leaders and a ton of Leading Designers who are just waiting for these waves to keep rolling in and get their teams moving. You guys made it through the Mother's Day storm. It wasn't easy but we did it. I am so proud for each and every one of you who are planted your feet in the ground and know the opportunity we have in our hands. I too was frustrated and I am happy that we are moving forward in a positive direction.
Next we must get ready for all the new things coming our way. We have system changes (let's get ready now and realize that there will be glitches), new products, new catalogs and who could forget our first ever INCENTIVE TRIP!!! Who is going to Cabo in February???
I really love what every one has to offer on this team. We have some amazing people who are working towards dreams being achieved for their families. If you watch where we were in January to where we are now....WOW! We have made leaps and bounds!!! Here is to a great August and some amazing things happening this fall. Are you ready? Are you ready to Sparkle bright and have everyone yelling, "WHO ARE THESE SPARKLING HOOTERS?" Oh its going to happen.
You are amazing!! Dream BIG!!
Hugs and Love,
Sparkling June Top Sales
Top June Hooter: Cindy Woodman
June Rank Advancements
Look Whoooooooo Went To Convention???
What's Happening Soon?
Let's Get Ready! Here's What's coming up!
- The Incentive trip to Cabo. Qualification period started July 1 to November 30th. Start Booking parties. PV will get you the most points and fast! Are you ready for Cabo in February?
- New Origami Owl Swag arriving online to order Friday July 19th
- New Back Office System September 1st. This system will have a search system, an address validation system, auto save for editing orders, hostess rewards will calculate as you enter orders instead of at the end and the ability to download reports.
- New Catalog in September
- New Products coming our way!!
Whooooo's a NEW Sparkling Hooter?
Welcome to our June Hooters
July Sparkling Training!!!
Direct Sales Consultant To Do List
Now that you’re a direct sales consultant or promoted to a direct sales leader / director / manager what are you supposed to do?
Below you will find a list of activities you can do. These are many of the activities that I do or have done. Some activities you will want to do daily, others weekly and others less frequently. You do not have to do all of these. Consider it a menu of possible actions you can take.
- Check email
- Post on Group/Team Facebook & Fan Page
- Post on LinkedIn
- Tweet, RT and reply on Twitter
- Update pins on Pinterest
- Check Work at Home forum for opportunities to contribute
- Write blog post on your own blog
- Guest blog post for others
- Label/stamp catalogs, recruiting brochures, envelopes, product, promotional flyers
- Compile business opportunity packets
- Review reports for team members sales, promotions, milestones, birthdays, anniversaries
- Send emails or snail mail to team members based on actions from #11.
- Mail VIP Specials to your mailing list
- Read policies, newsletters, news updates
- Participate in training – phone calls, video, webinar or text
- Send welcome emails to new team members
- Contact newer team members to see if they’re overwhelmed
- Attend regional seminars
- Attend annual convention
- Attend incentive trip
- Attend team meetings
- Set up product displays in businesses
- Reserve table space at upcoming vendor events
- Prepare for upcoming vendor events
- Follow-up on leads from vendor events
- Contact organizations about setting up fundraiser
- Promote online party
- Contact past, present and future hosts
- Facilitate home parties
- Create YouTube videos and promote
- Send out basket parties
- Sharpen the saw – read books, articles, listen to podcasts or watch videos for personal development
- Attend Toastmasters meetings
- Send random “I caught you doing great!” notecards or small tokens of appreciation.
One of the best pieces of advice I can give anyone just getting started in direct sales or in their new role as a leader is to Make It Your Own! If you try to run your business using your upline’s style, preferences or actions it may not be the right way for you to work your business.
Let me elaborate more on that. It’s also good advice that if you want to be successful, find out what those who have gone before you are doing, and do that. I agree with that, why invent the wheel? But, to get back to the previous paragraph of making it your own, don’t copy someone exactly. Think of it like plagiarism. You don’t want to copy someone verbatim. It’s okay to take an existing idea and tweak it to your personality. There really are no original ideas anymore, they’re just existing ones with individual spins put on it. Put your spin on things. You are amazing. No other team sparkles like us!!!
If your trainer, mentor, coach says, “Here is how you do it. You do A B C, and then you say X Y Z” take it with a grain of salt. Take what you like, and discard the rest. Use your up line’s information, and the list as a GUIDE. Consider it a menu from which you can select a variety of items, or you can take something listed and reinvent it to suit you.
See you at the top!